Windows 10: Duplicating my pictures

Discus and support Duplicating my pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaryRoyster, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Duplicating my pictures

How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is not doing it. After I select a few probably more than 5 the program duplicates my selections. How can I fix this?

:)

MaryRoyster, Oct 13, 2021

2. Getting duplicate pictures

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind response. I don't take much time to read those information in detail. There are Nokia APPs available, that is the "Nokia Storyteller Beta". I found it can list those pictures without duplication. The only problem is it can't
    collect those pictures such as snapshot photos from my phone's screen. So I wish it could solve the issue soon. Some suggestion and wish.

Have great weekends,

marcchen

marcchen---01, Oct 13, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Duplicate pictures

Hi Arlene

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, choose Pictures

Find some of those duplicates, have the file names been appended with (1), (2) . . etc?

If so, in your Pictures library folder at the top right search for this criteria:

name:~"*)*"

That should list all duplicate image files in that folder

Copy all those out into another folder that is not in your pictures library folder until you are sure all duplicates have been removed and the originals remain, then you can delete those duplicates files

DaveM121, Oct 13, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Duplicating my pictures

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Duplicating my pictures

1. Duplicating my pictures - Similar Threads - Duplicating pictures

2. Duplicating my pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicating my pictures: How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is not doing it. After I select a few probably more than 5 the program duplicates my selections. How can I fix this?...
  3. Duplicating my pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating my pictures: How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is not doing it. After I select a few probably more than 5 the program duplicates my selections. How can I fix this?...
  4. Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures: We have multiple accounts on our home PC. My dad is the administrator, and my mom, and I are just a local account. (Yes, when I installed a fresh Windows 10 OS, I ensured that the PC had no internet connection and only allowed for PC to log-in via offline account and not...
  5. Windows 10 background picture duplication bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 background picture duplication bug: Here is the problem I can not set 2 different background photos per monitor and slideshows show the same on both monitors. Also night light does not work. The cause is that someone set the display setting from extending to show only 1 to easily allow for inputs to be...
  6. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  7. DUPLICATE PICTURES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE PICTURES: I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HAVE THE COMPUTER APP SEARCH AND DELETE DUPLICATE PICTURES IN MY PICTURE FOLDER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-pictures/eed4bf35-bee2-41d8-b2df-6d98384870b8
  8. How to remove duplicate video files in Pictures and Videos folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove duplicate video files in Pictures and Videos folders?: I probably have thousands of duplicate video files in 2 locations (Videos and Pictures sub-folders). Is it possible to remove without installing 3rd party app? If not, which app do you recommend? submitted by /u/zacce [link] [comments]...
  9. duplicate desktop pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplicate desktop pictures: I have a number of pictures on my desktop. When I open a particular picture, I noticed all the other pictures on my desktop are included with the picture I just opened. If I try to delete the unwanted pictures form this file, they get deleted from there orginal file. In...
  10. Duplicate, copies of pictures and documents after upgrading to a newer fersion of windiws 10.

Duplicate, copies of pictures and documents after upgrading to a newer fersion of windiws 10.: I did a fresh start of my computer, and copied my documents, pictures, music, downloads, and desktop from an external hard drive. Now, I have thousands of copies in these folders and files on my computer. Can I delete these copies without installing a third party program?...