Windows 10: Duplicating my pictures

Discus and support Duplicating my pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryRoyster, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Duplicating my pictures

How can I stop Windows 10 from duplicating pictures I am selecting with Ctl+enter? My arrow is staying on the picture, so going off the selection is not doing it. After I select a few probably more than 5 the program duplicates my selections. How can I fix this?

:)

MaryRoyster, Oct 13, 2021

2. Getting duplicate pictures

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind response. I don't take much time to read those information in detail. There are Nokia APPs available, that is the "Nokia Storyteller Beta". I found it can list those pictures without duplication. The only problem is it can't
    collect those pictures such as snapshot photos from my phone's screen. So I wish it could solve the issue soon. Some suggestion and wish.

Have great weekends,

marcchen

marcchen---01, Oct 13, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Duplicate pictures

Hi Arlene

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, choose Pictures

Find some of those duplicates, have the file names been appended with (1), (2) . . etc?

If so, in your Pictures library folder at the top right search for this criteria:

name:~"*)*"

That should list all duplicate image files in that folder

Copy all those out into another folder that is not in your pictures library folder until you are sure all duplicates have been removed and the originals remain, then you can delete those duplicates files

DaveM121, Oct 13, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Duplicating my pictures

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Duplicating my pictures

1. Duplicating my pictures - Similar Threads - Duplicating pictures

2. Why did OneDrive duplicate all of the pictures I uploaded from my iPhone into a different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did OneDrive duplicate all of the pictures I uploaded from my iPhone into a different...: Yesterday I backed up all of the pictures from my iPhone to OneDrive. Today I noticed that OneDrive has created a duplicate .mov file from each .jpg file, so I have thousands of duplicates now. How can this be corrected? Thank you-...
  3. Why did OneDrive duplicate all of the pictures I uploaded from my iPhone into a different...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did OneDrive duplicate all of the pictures I uploaded from my iPhone into a different...: Yesterday I backed up all of the pictures from my iPhone to OneDrive. Today I noticed that OneDrive has created a duplicate .mov file from each .jpg file, so I have thousands of duplicates now. How can this be corrected? Thank you-...
  4. I have duplicate pictures in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have duplicate pictures in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do...: I accidentally uploaded a lot of pictures twice, so, I have duplicates in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do that, will they be deleted from my phone too, because One Drive has access from the cloud to my phone....
  5. I have duplicate pictures in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do...

I have duplicate pictures in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do...: I accidentally uploaded a lot of pictures twice, so, I have duplicates in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do that, will they be deleted from my phone too, because One Drive has access from the cloud to my phone....
  6. How do I stop picture and video duplication?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop picture and video duplication?: All of my storage places are full because pictures & videos are constantly duplicating. How do I stop it from happening?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-picture-and-video-duplication/0ca7de0d-7df2-4aab-8d99-08475bebbca4
  7. How do I stop picture and video duplication?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop picture and video duplication?: All of my storage places are full because pictures & videos are constantly duplicating. How do I stop it from happening?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-picture-and-video-duplication/0ca7de0d-7df2-4aab-8d99-08475bebbca4
  8. How do I stop picture and video duplication?

9. Where is the best place to delete duplicate pictures or ones I do not want to save? I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the best place to delete duplicate pictures or ones I do not want to save? I have...: I have pictures saved in multiple files on my desktop, and in my picture file on my phone. I have deleted duplicates and ones I don't want on both and they keep coming back. Is there ONE "master" place to make deletes?...
  10. Where is the best place to delete duplicate pictures or ones I do not want to save? I have...

Where is the best place to delete duplicate pictures or ones I do not want to save? I have...: I have pictures saved in multiple files on my desktop, and in my picture file on my phone. I have deleted duplicates and ones I don't want on both and they keep coming back. Is there ONE "master" place to make deletes?...