Windows 10: Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV

Discus and support Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had it up and running then it just went off, uplugged HDMI and plugged it back in and the screen came on my TV for a short second and turned back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RandyMcFall, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV

I had it up and running then it just went off, uplugged HDMI and plugged it back in and the screen came on my TV for a short second and turned back off, TV stays on but no more duplicated screen, what do I do to fix it?

:)

RandyMcFall, Sep 26, 2019
  2. dzigner Win User

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV [​IMG]

Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV [​IMG]

Thanks

dzigner, Sep 26, 2019
  3. A third screen appears when trying to duplicate screen to a TV

Good afternoon,

I am experiencing a weird issue when trying to project my screen onto a tv in Windows 10 (using HDMI cable).

My laptop detects the second screen (a samsung TV) and if I am under Control Panel/Display/Screen Resolution, I can see both screens.

From this same page however, I only have the option to extend my monitor or to show it only on screen 1/2.

What I am trying to do is to duplicate my screen.

If I press Win+P, I get that little pop up menu where I do indeed have the option to 'duplicate'. However, if I select duplicate, the following happens:

-My initial second screen (the TV) stays an extension

-My laptop screen shrinks

-Under ControlPanel/Display/Screen Resolution a third screen has appeared. More specifically, what was previously screen 2 -the tv- is now listed as screen 3, and my laptop is listed as both screens 1 and 2.

If I press 'Identify' both the numbers 1 and 2 appear on my laptop. (They appear as "1|2")

If I press Win+P again and select 'Extend', the screens go back to normal with the TV being 2 and my laptop being 1.

All I want is for the my laptop screen to be displayed both on my laptop and on the tv. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

FaweDenoir, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV

Laptop to TV

I have just bought a new Dell Laptop with windows 10, When I connect a HMDI cable to Laptop and TV, the TV screen remains black, I have used the F key and selected duplicate from the list , but still nothing. Can you help please as I need to sort this out
    urgently . Been tried with two different cables on two different TV's as well

Thanks

Andrew

AndrewHudson1, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV

1. Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV - Similar Threads - Duplicating screen Laptop

2. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  3. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  4. My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2: I've been trying for hours to get my new laptop to project onto my TV, but for some reason it just. Won't. Cooperate. Initially I couldn't even get it to duplicate the display, but I finally got it to do so after knocking the refresh rate down to 40hz (which is fine for my...
  5. CASTING FROM LAPTOP TO TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CASTING FROM LAPTOP TO TV: CASTING from laptop to TV begins well but pauses every 2 minutes. "Continue Watching"? appears on screen> unless I click YES, casting never resumes. Used to cast for hours until this week. CASTING...
  6. Removed my laptop screen, now no sound from HDMI/TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed my laptop screen, now no sound from HDMI/TV: My LCD cracked so I decided to remove it and throw away the half top part of the laptop. I did this because while I tried fixing the screen, the hdmi was no longer detecting my computer screen. Anyways, that fixed it. However, my laptop would not play sounds from TV anymore,...
  7. Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get maximum resolution on TV duplicating from Laptop: As the title suggests, I'm duplicating my laptop screen to my Vizio M55-f0 2018 via HMDI port #4. Laptop native resolution is 1366x--- but when I press info on the TV, the TV shows that its Outputting 1080p. Old school Intel 3000HD series chip. Resolution in windows...
  8. hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen: I was using hdmi cable to connect laptop screen to a tv screen. It was working well for a couple of days and 1 day it suddenly stopped. i tried to removing and reconnecting and it is still not working. Can any one please help....
  9. Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV: Hello I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV. I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work....
  10. Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV: Hi all, hope someone can provide some clues as to what I need to do to get screen resolution from changing when I switch display settings from extended to duplicate screens. PC is a self built machine with on Intel HD board graphics, however I am using a Radeon 6870 GFX...