Windows 10: duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures

Discus and support duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed the location for Pictures from C:\Users\myname to D:\Pictures. I noticed a lot of information on the C: drive and found this weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dpx9922, Jan 13, 2022.

1. dpx9922 Win User

duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures

I changed the location for Pictures from C:\Users\myname to D:\Pictures. I noticed a lot of information on the C: drive and found this weird "C:\Users\Data D" folder that has its own Pictures folder. There are 80 GB of the same photos in both locations. There is no Account for "Data D" I am afraid to just delete the folders and I have no idea how to remove the C:\Users\Data D user if there is one.

:)

dpx9922, Jan 13, 2022
  2. ShaneN17 Win User

Duplicate D:\ drive

Okay, so as I was typing my last message, I was going back to and forth and I seem to have fixed my problem. I think this is what NovHak was trying to suggest at the bottom of his post.

What I did was click on the File Properties for the D:\ (with the Videos icon), not the one that is my DATA (D: ) which is the proper one, clicked on restore default location, said NO to the merge, then another window came up (which I think I might have said Yes to originally, which could be the original source of my problem - I know, this problem is a result of user error*cry) and I said Yes (after fully reading it and understanding it this time. The second message is as follows (please ignore the name and the fact that it's to OneDrive, I stole the picture from Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations - Windows 10 Forums but the rest of the wording is what I saw).

duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures [​IMG]

This seemed to disconnect (or what ever the heck was happening) the two listed D: drives. DATA (D: ) is normal. I still had D:\ with the videos icon kicking around. I made attempts to include this in the C:\User\...\Videos folder and then ended up with sub folders. Not EXACTLY sure where in the process of what I did fixed it, but at one point I closed the File Explorer window and when I reopened it everything was back to normal.

Normal DATA (D: ), Normal Videos folder in the proper location and no subfolder, and no random D:\ drive with the Videos icon. Did a full shut down and restart and everything is looking as it should!

No formatting of the D: drive either, so that's a bonus!

Thank you so much Winuser, NovHak, and dalchina (in order of appearance in the thread *Wink) for all of your help and suggestions. I really appreciated it! You guys and/or girls rock!

ShaneN17, Jan 13, 2022
  3. ShaneN17 Win User
    Duplicate D:\ drive

So my issue appears to be fixed and I did not end up having to format my D:\ drive.

What I did was click on the File Properties for the D:\ (with the Videos icon), not the one that is my DATA (D: ) which is the proper one, clicked on restore default location, said NO to the merge, then another window came up (which I think I might have said
    Yes to originally, which could be the original source of my problem - I know, this problem is a result of user error
    ) and I said Yes (after fully reading it and understanding it this time. The second
    message is as follows (please ignore the name and the fact that it's to OneDrive, I obtained the picture from

Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations - Windows 10 Forums
    but the rest of the wording is what I saw).

This seemed to disconnect (or what ever the heck was happening) the two listed D: drives. DATA (D: ) is normal. I still had D:\ with the videos icon kicking around. I made attempts to include this in the C:\User\...\Videos folder and then ended up with sub
    folders. Not EXACTLY sure where in the process of what I did fixed it, but at one point I closed the File Explorer window and when I reopened it everything was back to normal.

Normal DATA (D: ), Normal Videos folder in the proper location and no subfolder, and no random D:\ drive with the Videos icon. Did a full shut down and restart and everything is looking as it should!

No formatting of the D: drive either, so that's a bonus!

Thanks for the suggestion though, it was definitely my next step if I wasn't able to fix it otherwise.

ShaneN17, Jan 13, 2022
  4. duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures

Pictures Folder Accidentally Remapped to D:\

[UPDATE]

I remapped the Pictures folder to C:\Users\[username]\Pictures even though the Pictures folder didn't exist, chose not to have my files automatically moved, then remapped it a second time to my intended destination at D:\Pictures. The folder name was then reverted
    back to Pictures and any relation to the D drive was removed!

Hello all,

I recently re-installed Windows and was in the process of mapping the media libraries listed under This PC from C drive to my D drive when under Pictures, I accidentally selected D:/ in the Select a Destination GUI. I had selected my existing Pictures folder
    yet it selected the entire D drive. It now behaves like the actual D drive when I right-click on the Pictures folder under This PC and select Properties, except the Location tab is still there. When I attempt to remap the folder to D:\Pictures, a dialog box
    appears, telling me that the specified path is invalid. When I try to remap the folder to C:\Users\[username]\Pictures in an attempt to troubleshoot, there is no Pictures folder there yet when I create a New Folder and rename it to Pictures, I'm told that
    a Pictures folder exists. Any help would be appreciated.

thebutler93, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures

1. duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures - Similar Threads - duplicating photos UsersData

2. Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports: I am running the latest version of Photos App on Windows 10. OneDrive on my Android phone automatically imports my new pictures into the correct /Pictures/Camera Roll/Year/Month folder. Recently, when I select photos from this folder to create a new album, the album is...
  3. Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports: I am running the latest version of Photos App on Windows 10. OneDrive on my Android phone automatically imports my new pictures into the correct /Pictures/Camera Roll/Year/Month folder. Recently, when I select photos from this folder to create a new album, the album is...
  4. c/drive, d/drive ,photo app

c/drive, d/drive ,photo app: Hi ,please be kind, I am 64 years old,I've had laptops for years,but I know nothing about them,apart from switching on and off.So if anybody is kind enough to help me ,please reply in real easy terms.I will try to explain my issue the best I can.laptop has c and d drive,I...
  5. duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures: I changed the location for Pictures from C:\Users\myname to D:\Pictures. I noticed a lot of information on the C: drive and found this weird "C:\Users\Data D" folder that has its own Pictures folder. There are 80 GB of the same photos in both locations. There is no Account...
  6. duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicating photos in C:\Users\Data D\Pictures and D:\Pictures: I changed the location for Pictures from C:\Users\myname to D:\Pictures. I noticed a lot of information on the C: drive and found this weird "C:\Users\Data D" folder that has its own Pictures folder. There are 80 GB of the same photos in both locations. There is no Account...
  7. DUPLICATE PICTURES

DUPLICATE PICTURES: I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HAVE THE COMPUTER APP SEARCH AND DELETE DUPLICATE PICTURES IN MY PICTURE FOLDER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-pictures/eed4bf35-bee2-41d8-b2df-6d98384870b8
  8. Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10

Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10: Oct 2019 An ongoing problem with windows 10 photo app and "Pictures" files: duplicate photos I have not asked for. For example, I just imported photos from my iPhone and I have SEVEN (7) copies of each photo. The duplicates are in the pictures file, and in the photos app....
  9. Duplicate pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate pictures: Hello, yes so I am sorting through the files on my laptop and discovered I had a few photos the same, so I decided to put all the pictures I had into one folder and as they were transferring a message read that an image had the same name with the option to skip or replace...
  10. Duplicate D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate D:\ drive: Hi Everyone, I posted this on the Microsoft Community site as well, but then I found these forums and they seem a lot more active so I thought I might have a better shot here. So I have a problem where I accidentally created a duplicate of my D: \ drive. This is not...