Windows 10: Duplication of entries

Discus and support Duplication of entries in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last week, I was told my One Drive was almost full. I found that most of the entries had duplicated themselves. It took hours to go through and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SueDeiter, Jun 26, 2020.

1. SueDeiter Win User

Duplication of entries

Last week, I was told my One Drive was almost full. I found that most of the entries had duplicated themselves. It took hours to go through and eliminate all of the duplicates. Whenever I add a photo to an album, if it begins a sync cycle, the photo duplicates itself, but only that one at a time, never every photo that I have. I can usually delete the duplicate, but sometimes both of the photos disappear. And all of my camera imports had 5 duplicates--even though I only import the new photos whenever I import camera photos. How do I stop this duplication?

Another problem with the albums--I can no longer access the albums directly when trying to make an attachment to another area. I have to go to One Drive separately, search through everything, find the date of the one photo I need, and then, close One Drive and go back to make the attachment. It is very time consuming. I need the "albums" word to appear again when I need an attachment so I can find the photo directly.

:)

SueDeiter, Jun 26, 2020
  2. tet-teh Win User

duplicate birthday entries in calendar

Hi Sayan_Ghosh,

Thanks for your assistance.

In anwer to your questions. I had not made any changes on my account prior to the issue. In fact all I have done recently is to upgrade to Windows 10 mobile.

Regarding deleting the duplicate entries at calendar live. I have tried this since your post. I have been able to delete some of the entries. But I am not able to delete others (I keep getting this response: "sorry we are unable to delete this entry at
    this time. try later").

In the case of those entries that I have managed to delete, some have reflected on the calender on the phone. In other cases, the duplicate entries remain on the phone calender, even though they have been deleted on calendar.live

Thanks

Some of the duplicate entries still remain. I can't delete them on calendar.live In fact for those entries, I cant even view the details on calendar.live

tet-teh, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Duplicated program entries with (1)

Hi,

Software conflicts and incompatibility issues are some of the possible reasons why some of the applications on your computer were duplicated. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device? Visit this link for
      the steps on how to check the information of the Windows OS that is running on your device.
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting when you are trying to uninstall the duplicated apps?

In the meantime, we suggest booting your device into safe mode and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 26, 2020
  4. tet-teh Win User

Duplication of entries

duplicate birthday entries in calendar

Hi Sayan_Ghosh,

Thanks for your assistance.

In anwer to your questions. I had not made any changes on my account prior to the issue. In fact all I have done recently is to upgrade to Windows 10 mobile.

Regarding deleting the duplicate entries at calendar live. I have tried this since your post. I have been able to delete some of the entries. But I am not able to delete others (I keep getting this response: "sorry we are unable to delete this entry at
    this time. try later").

In the case of those entries that I have managed to delete, some have reflected on the calender on the phone. In other cases, the duplicate entries remain on the phone calender, even though they have been deleted on calendar.live

Thanks

tet-teh, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Duplication of entries

1. Duplication of entries - Similar Threads - Duplication entries

2. What are these duplicate entries in my Windows 11 app list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these duplicate entries in my Windows 11 app list?: When I open apps setting in my windows 11 control panel why I see a lot of duplicate app entries, and these are not even apps so why are they even showing up here? Following are screenshots:...
  3. What are these duplicate entries in my Windows 11 app list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these duplicate entries in my Windows 11 app list?: When I open apps setting in my windows 11 control panel why I see a lot of duplicate app entries, and these are not even apps so why are they even showing up here? Following are screenshots:...
  4. Unable to delete duplicate entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete duplicate entry: hey guys i am unable to delete duplicate entry as i have found no wayplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-duplicate-entry/6601863e-6c5e-44e7-84b2-c5edbf1b56c2
  5. Unable to delete duplicate entry

Unable to delete duplicate entry: hey guys i am unable to delete duplicate entry as i have found no wayplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-duplicate-entry/6601863e-6c5e-44e7-84b2-c5edbf1b56c2
  6. Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...: We have found multiple duplicate hostname entries in our AD environment, we want to enable the setting for our AD environment when we join any PC in the domain if a hostname exists in AD it prompts a message hostname already can you suggest how to enable SID for a unique...
  7. Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...

Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...: We have found multiple duplicate hostname entries in our AD environment, we want to enable the setting for our AD environment when we join any PC in the domain if a hostname exists in AD it prompts a message hostname already can you suggest how to enable SID for a unique...
  8. Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Hi, I have some duplicate entries for bluetooth devices in Settings, can't remove the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hi, I have some duplicate entries for bluetooth devices in Settings, can't remove the...: The connected one is fine the other two Arc Mouse entries are old and redundant. Tried looking in registry and Device Manager but no success. Does anyone know if the entries can be removed and how.Appreciate any guidance.CheersBruce...
  10. Hi, I have some duplicate entries for bluetooth devices in Settings, can't remove the...

Hi, I have some duplicate entries for bluetooth devices in Settings, can't remove the...: The connected one is fine the other two Arc Mouse entries are old and redundant. Tried looking in registry and Device Manager but no success. Does anyone know if the entries can be removed and how.Appreciate any guidance.CheersBruce...