Windows 10: duplication of the English input language

Discus and support duplication of the English input language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Community! When I want to change input language, using 'window' + 'space', I can now see a 'duplication' of the English option even though my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErikBergstrom1, Nov 17, 2020.

1. duplication of the English input language

Hi Community!
    When I want to change input language, using 'window' + 'space', I can now see a 'duplication' of the English option even though my setting says there should only be one English and one Swedish option see image.

Can someone explain how I get rid of this duplication I haven't had this issue before?

/Erik

duplication of the English input language 7f99d228-c5b4-4f0f-83fe-90864f9f4efe?upload=true.jpg

:)

ErikBergstrom1, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Input language duplication reappears all the time

I was stupid, your screenshot clearly shows you have US English installed *Doh
    Sorry, my own stupidity does not cease amaze me...

OK. To keep US English input language and remove the UK English, go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language and click the Additional date, time & regional settings link at bottom of right pane:

duplication of the English input language [​IMG]

Click Change input methods:

Click Options for your current display language:

Remove any unwanted input languages:

That should do it!

3. English US keeps appearing as an input language occasionally.

Hi Mosher,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

From the issue description, it looks like you have English Input downloaded and installed in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the English input language and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type language in the control panel search box and open it.

4. If English is listed, double click on it and click "remove" under "input method".

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Deron Win User

duplication of the English input language

Input language duplication reappears all the time

Hi,
    Sadly, I cannot see any other input methods on there, either.
    Also, to clarify, if you look at my screenshot you can see I have:
    US EN
    HE HE
    UK HE
    I mean, the duplicated and unwanted input type is UK HE (the last on the list of inputs, bottom right).
    Here are some screenshots again:

Deron, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

duplication of the English input language

1. duplication of the English input language - Similar Threads - duplication English input

2. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  3. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  4. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  5. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  6. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  7. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  8. Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar

Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar: I have Windows 10 Pro. I think originally it was a UK version, but I am not sure how to check it. In my language settings I only have 4 languages installed. English US, Lithuanian, Hebrew and Russian. However on my Languages bars by the way - why the heck there are 2 of...
  9. How to use English as default input language?

How to use English as default input language?: For window 10 Traditional Chinese version, I would like to know on how to set English as default input language and remove any Chinese input. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  10. Input language duplication reappears all the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Input language duplication reappears all the time: Hi all, I got my new HP Omen 15-ax003nj 2 months ago. It's all patched up, running Windows 10 out of the box. I have 2 input methods - EN and HE. The problem is that every one in a while when I switch language using ALT+SHIFT it seems that the language didn't change...