Windows 10: During an update, why did Windows change the bottom black "pin" bar to gray? Why the...

Discus and support During an update, why did Windows change the bottom black "pin" bar to gray? Why the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; During an update, why did Windows change the bottom black "pin" bar to gray? Why the imposed new look harder to see? How do I change it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JT G1, Aug 13, 2020.

1. JT G1 Win User

During an update, why did Windows change the bottom black "pin" bar to gray? Why the...

During an update, why did Windows change the bottom black "pin" bar to gray? Why the imposed new look harder to see? How do I change it back?

:)

JT G1, Aug 13, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Aug 13, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

During an update, why did Windows change the bottom black "pin" bar to gray? Why the...

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. During an update, why did Windows change the bottom black "pin" bar to gray? Why the... - Similar Threads - During update why

2. Why did my pin change drop my frame rate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my pin change drop my frame rate?: I needed to make a new pin for my microsoft account so that I could play forza horizon 5, and when I did, my frames for every single game on my computer dropped to like 5-6, unplayable....
  3. why do the black bars exist at the bottom & top of the screen and obscure the taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do the black bars exist at the bottom & top of the screen and obscure the taskbar icons: Windows 10Taskbar seems location - a problemwhen put on top or bottom doesn't seem --- ONLY Seems when put on the right, or on the leftthe screenshot did during a TeamViewer remote session... well, why do the black bars exist at the bottom & top of the screen and obscure the...
  4. why do the black bars exist at the bottom & top of the screen and obscure the taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    why do the black bars exist at the bottom & top of the screen and obscure the taskbar icons: Windows 10Taskbar seems location - a problemwhen put on top or bottom doesn't seem --- ONLY Seems when put on the right, or on the leftthe screenshot did during a TeamViewer remote session... well, why do the black bars exist at the bottom & top of the screen and obscure the...
  5. Black bar at bottom of display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at bottom of display: There appears to be a thin black bar across the bottom of my monitor - tried all of the solutions recommended to other users with the same issue ex. uninstalling/updating drivers, searching for & uninstalling potentially problematic third-party applications, though none...
  6. why has the bottom of my screen changed from black to white

why has the bottom of my screen changed from black to white: why has the bottom of my desktop screen changed from black to white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-the-bottom-of-my-screen-changed-from-black/f9fe0ed2-0b0e-4b80-9aec-56816088c933
  7. Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen

Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen: A few of our clients have been calling us saying that on Windows Explorer, Edge, and Outlook, there's sometimes a gray/white bar cutting off the bottom of the page. It doesn't extend into the task bar, and only shows up in full screen. The only fix I've found is by pressing...
  8. Why did Drive letters changed with an update of Windows 10?

Why did Drive letters changed with an update of Windows 10?: Was working last night and all drive letters were correct and working properly. As I shut down computer last night, I noticed an update was coming in before shut down was complete. Tonight, I turned on computer and update was installed. As I began using and went to open a...
  9. Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

Weird gray bar at bottom of screen: So I was just opening up my computer, when suddenly I noticed this grey bar at the bottom of my screen. Nothing happens when I click on it, and when I changed the background, it was still there. What's going on? [IMG]...
  10. Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is the bottom half of my screen black?: Suddenly, all the icons, browser, E-mail and virtually any internet or OS folders are shoved to the top half of my screen. I tried restore, settings, but got nowhere. I turned the PC on and off, still nothing. 44105