Windows 10: During Backup, got an error. And now the Partition is offline.

Discus and support During Backup, got an error. And now the Partition is offline. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was about to backup, It started 2mins later, it stopped. Trying to backup, Disk wasn't found. And I realized, the Partition is offline. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeamFortress21045 Roblox, Jun 23, 2020.

1. During Backup, got an error. And now the Partition is offline.

So I was about to backup, It started 2mins later, it stopped.

Trying to backup, Disk wasn't found.
    And I realized, the Partition
    is offline.

I tried marking the disk online in DISKPART but no dies..

It's an External Segate Backup Plus HDD USB 3.0 1TB HDD.
    Any fixes or any solutions?

:)

TeamFortress21045 Roblox, Jun 23, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Saving Offline maps to other partition than the system partition

To save Offline maps to other storage location, follow the steps below

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Offline maps.
    • Under Storage location, select your preferred location to store your Offline maps
    Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jun 23, 2020
  4. During Backup, got an error. And now the Partition is offline.

system image backup, 807800c5 error

@injaneb, thanks you put me on the right track! In my case there were 2 extra steps:
    1. The extra EFI was not on the C disk but on the J disk (the target of the backup) which was an external USB. I don't know why an EFI was made there. To remove that EFI partition, follow these instructions [1] carefully. I needed only the instructions using the built-in diskpart tool. Just make sure you selected the right disk!
    2. Before redoing the backup, delete the files on J: (the target disk) that were created by the previous botched backup. Their existence would cause exactly the same error code to show up.

[1] What is EFI System Partition | How to Delete EFI System Partition - EaseUS

bennreaves, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

During Backup, got an error. And now the Partition is offline.

1. During Backup, got an error. And now the Partition is offline. - Similar Threads - During Backup got

2. Error During a Backup Copy Creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error During a Backup Copy Creation: I have tried to create an .iSO backup copy of the system and all the programs installed on it by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image Backup > Create a system image > On a hard disk.The following is the information about the system disk:The...
  3. Error During a Backup Copy Creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error During a Backup Copy Creation: I have tried to create an .iSO backup copy of the system and all the programs installed on it by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image Backup > Create a system image > On a hard disk.The following is the information about the system disk:The...
  4. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files skipped during backup: Backing up my Windows10 machine I keep getting errors0x8100002f - files skipped. Does this error make the backup useless or are there just a few of my files omittedWhat can I do simply...
  5. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files skipped during backup: Backing up my Windows10 machine I keep getting errors0x8100002f - files skipped. Does this error make the backup useless or are there just a few of my files omittedWhat can I do simply...
  6. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Backup now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup now: How to pin on taskbar "Backup now" of backup options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-now/24928be7-fc6b-4027-b3b0-a3aadc77dc07"
  8. Restore with Aomei Backuper Std got the Error 214

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore with Aomei Backuper Std got the Error 214: Greeting People, Purchased a new Dell XPS15 laptop that has a 500GB SSD, installed the Aomei Backuper Std. I have no problems to backup. But when I tried to restore, always got the error 214, something likes "No enough space.....". Any ideas??? Thanks. 137296
  9. ERROR CODE 0X807800C5 during backup to NAS

ERROR CODE 0X807800C5 during backup to NAS: i started a back up with just the recommended files and a system image just in case. it was prolly at 30% ish when i left the house and came back to the error below, i was reading the problems others were having and i don't know if it applies. the NAS200 server is linux and i...
  10. files skipped during backup

files skipped during backup: Every time I back up w10, it tells me files were skipped. (Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Music. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)) There is one file in the folder "music" with 0 length (properties...