Windows 10: During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows

Discus and support During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I am using an application like Paintshop Pro or Photoshop where I am left clicking and dragging the mouse to paint, etc. the screen automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VJLundgren, Sep 15, 2022.

1. During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows

When I am using an application like Paintshop Pro or Photoshop where I am left clicking and dragging the mouse to paint, etc. the screen automatically goes to the desktop and shows all the current open windows. How do I stop this its annoying every time I drag to use a paint brush etc.

:)

VJLundgren, Sep 15, 2022
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 15, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Items not showing on desktop when dragging and dropping

The white line suggests you have turned on 'Auto arrange icons'. I have just turned it on and seen some similar 'odd' effects. Try right-clicking on the Desktop and un-ticking View > Auto arrange icons.

During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows [​IMG]

4. Anak Win User

During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows

1. During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows - Similar Threads - During Click Drag

2. All open windows close when clicked on show desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All open windows close when clicked on show desktop: In windows 10, when i click the small bar right the taskbar to go to my dekstop. All my open windows close, this is not very pleasant. I rebooted a few time to maybe solve the problem with no luck. I search at the settings and on the internet but I could find anything.How can...
  3. All open windows close when clicked on show desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    All open windows close when clicked on show desktop: In windows 10, when i click the small bar right the taskbar to go to my dekstop. All my open windows close, this is not very pleasant. I rebooted a few time to maybe solve the problem with no luck. I search at the settings and on the internet but I could find anything.How can...
  4. During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows

During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows: When I am using an application like Paintshop Pro or Photoshop where I am left clicking and dragging the mouse to paint, etc. the screen automatically goes to the desktop and shows all the current open windows. How do I stop this its annoying every time I drag to use a paint...
  5. During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows

During Click and Drag Desktop Shows All Current Windows: When I am using an application like Paintshop Pro or Photoshop where I am left clicking and dragging the mouse to paint, etc. the screen automatically goes to the desktop and shows all the current open windows. How do I stop this its annoying every time I drag to use a paint...
  6. Right click drag to the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click drag to the desktop: Can I change the right click file drag menu default option to be create a shortcut rather than move file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-drag-to-the-desktop/530cde6a-c591-4bcf-8c46-da03916f82ec
  7. Right click drag to the desktop

Right click drag to the desktop: Can I change the right click file drag menu default option to be create a shortcut rather than move file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-drag-to-the-desktop/530cde6a-c591-4bcf-8c46-da03916f82ec
  8. click and drag

click and drag: On my desktop I can no longer click and drag icons to move them from on area to a different area. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/click-and-drag/26733a34-c154-46aa-a73a-c12229c04e0c
  9. No click and drag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No click and drag?: I have an Acer Swift 3 with a touchpad. I used to be able to do a simple click and drag to move windows around, highlight text, etc. I can no longer do this for some reason. Can anyone help? I am not sure if this is some kind of intentional update or if I inadvertently...
  10. Click and drag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Click and drag: When dropping text, should text be copied or cut as standard procedure in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/click-and-drag/293feea7-b5b6-4403-b49c-7d01c18d8327"