Windows 10: During download or install of 1809 it asked for SD space. Now . . . ?

Discus and support During download or install of 1809 it asked for SD space. Now . . . ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 tablet had 1908. Tablet had just been factory reset. Did a few updates and I noticed it said you can download and install 1909. Either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jackdashacki, Apr 18, 2020.

1. During download or install of 1809 it asked for SD space. Now . . . ?

Windows 10 tablet had 1908.

Tablet had just been factory reset. Did a few updates and I noticed it said you can download and install 1909.

Either while downloading or installing I gave it permission to use the micro SD because it asked. Now on restart there's a small window with progression circle saying Please insert the SD card and click OK. I clicked OK and nothing. I popped the SD out and reinserted and nothing.

I am now shutting it down and hoping it will open normally. But in the meantime if anyone has experienced this or has a fix or workaround I'd appreciate it. You know I give our reps every time just for replying. It's the right thing to do.

jack ":-}

- - - Updated - - -

So it opened normally thankfully. But not done yet. It's still reporting version 1809 smh. Guess time to start Googling for an answer. ":-\\

:)

jackdashacki, Apr 18, 2020
  2. GSG-9 Win User

Installing vista on an SD card...

I am interested in installing vista on to a SD/XD Card. Is there a way to do this? I imagine I could significantly increase my battery life of my laptop by running windows off of the hard drive.
    Thanks for any input/suggestions

GSG-9, Apr 18, 2020
  3. My sd card

Hi George,

We would like to ask a few questions to better assist you.

• What is the model of the phone?
    • Which Windows version is currently installed on your phone?
    • What do you mean by still no space after new SD card fitted?
    • What are troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

Regards.

Justin Sor, Apr 18, 2020
  4. SimoniZLP Win User

During download or install of 1809 it asked for SD space. Now . . . ?

Blue Screen during installation of 1809 or after installing 1809 if Samsung SD Card is connected

I receive the following error if I try to install 1809 update with my Samsung SD card connected or if I insert SD card after installing 1809. The SD card in question is the Samsung 128GB EVO Plus. My laptop runs without issue with the SD card connected
    using 1803, so I don't understand what changed in 1809 that is now causing this problem. All of the drivers for my Yoga 900 have been updated and I don't want to lose 128GB of additional storage in order to update to 1809.

Currenrly back on 1803 and I have run both SFC and DISM which do not show any issues. Lately I have found installing any major Windows update to be a huge pain, so any suggestions to my issue are welcome.

During download or install of 1809 it asked for SD space. Now . . . ? [​IMG]

SimoniZLP, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

During download or install of 1809 it asked for SD space. Now . . . ?

1. During download or install of 1809 it asked for SD space. Now . . . ? - Similar Threads - During download install

2. Update from 1809 to 1909 with not enough hard drive space but external SD card available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from 1809 to 1909 with not enough hard drive space but external SD card available: My ASUS T100 has Win 10 - 1809 installed and cannot upgrade to 1909 because of insufficient HD space ..... Help Cam Tofano *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Download failed now im missing space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download failed now im missing space: I tried to install Ark: Survival evolved from the Microsoft Store but my computer ran out of battery during the download and now im missing 105 gb of space. I cant redownload the game or find it on my computer, any help?...
  4. Download Update For 1709 to 1809 And Install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Download Update For 1709 to 1809 And Install?: Using Windows Update to go from 1709 to 1809 the MS Surface I have at work first updates to 1803. This causes the box to delay feature updates to be grayed out. For details please see: Feature Update Time Delay Box Grayed Out I have tried everything and can not get the box...
  5. Blue Screen during installation of 1809 or after installing 1809 if Samsung SD Card is...

Blue Screen during installation of 1809 or after installing 1809 if Samsung SD Card is...: I receive the following error if I try to install 1809 update with my Samsung SD card connected or if I insert SD card after installing 1809. The SD card in question is the Samsung 128GB EVO Plus. My laptop runs without issue with the SD card connected using 1803, so I don't...
  6. unallocated space during install

unallocated space during install: When I i nstall win 10 from usb. My 4Tb barracuda is choppes in 2. See the image attached. [img] Drive 0 unallocated space 2047 gb Drive 0 unallocated space 1678 gb Why I don't see drive 0 2047 and 1678 into 1 unallocated space and install it. 86870
  7. Installation does NOT ask for key during install

Installation does NOT ask for key during install: I have a Lenovo Z510 laptop which originally came with Windows 8 Home. However, I wiped the HDD and reinstalled Windows 8 Pro using a valid key I purchase from school. Now I want to upgrade to Windows 10. Because I have a Windows 8 Pro key, I should be able to activate...
  8. No downloading and installing the updates during its installation

No downloading and installing the updates during its installation: Hi How do I prevent Windows 10 automatically download and install the updates during its installation? Thanks Bye 21290
  9. Windows 10 errored during installation and wont download now

Windows 10 errored during installation and wont download now: Basically due to several events i wasnt able to start downloading windows 10 until last night at about 9pm. My computer was having some really random errors like speakers not working so i decided to restart it which prompted it to update. One hour later it hadnt moved from...
  10. Windows 10 never asks for a key during install

Windows 10 never asks for a key during install: Hello, I bought recently a new laptop (Asus UX303UA) which come with a pre-installed version of Windows 10 Home. I actually try to receive a refund for it because I have another valid key for Windows 10 Pro. I wiped the SSD and tried to reinstall Win10 but I was never...