Windows 10: During installation some apps get confused about admin/non-admin

Discus and support During installation some apps get confused about admin/non-admin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 Professional v1909. Logged on as an ordinary user, but I know the admin password because I installed Windows. Applies to apps that place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by macnab, Mar 21, 2020.

1. macnab Win User

During installation some apps get confused about admin/non-admin

Win 10 Professional v1909. Logged on as an ordinary user, but I know the admin password because I installed Windows.

Applies to apps that place settings, values in users\Documents and users\AppData.

1. Start installation.
    2. UAC asks for admin password.
    3. Installation finishes.

I have to copy folders and folder contents from admin\Documents and admin\AppData to my normal (non-admin) Documents and AppData folders before the app sees them.

If needed I will do all the logon switches to do screenshots of the settings for each user.

:)

macnab, Mar 21, 2020
  2. IMA
    ima Win User

ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 21, 2020
  4. freeboy Win User

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. During installation some apps get confused about admin/non-admin - Similar Threads - During installation apps

2. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  3. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  4. Can malware get installed by a non-admin account without admin credentials?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can malware get installed by a non-admin account without admin credentials?: Is that possible? If yes, how can I fugure out if it has happened submitted by /u/xdxdxdk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3sfg3/can_malware_get_installed_by_a_nonadmin_account/
  5. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  6. Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin.: I understand that always being logged in as administrator can leave me open to unsavory intrusions into my computer, etc. But I haven't been able to find an answer to this simple question: When I log in to my computer, choosing MY profile which is listed as administrator...
  7. launching app on non admin account without entering admin password

launching app on non admin account without entering admin password: Hello, I have at startup programs which require to enter administrator password for each, (i am on non admin account), i want to start them without entering administrator password everytime. i tried this solution from latest post using task sheduler How to allow a user to...
  8. lanching app on non admin account without entering admin password

lanching app on non admin account without entering admin password: Hello, I have at startup programs which require to enter administrator password for each, (i am on non admin account), i want to start them without entering administrator password everytime. i tried this solution from latest post using task sheduler How to allow a user to...
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. How to install program as a non-admin?

How to install program as a non-admin?: Hi, I got this extra laptop, and I can't install a program on it because I'm not an admin user. Is there an easy way around this, so I can install the program without having to get other people involved? If I have to do something like refreshing or resetting, what is...