Windows 10: during my windows first setup i disabled cortana but now i need to turn it on agian help me plz

Discus and support during my windows first setup i disabled cortana but now i need to turn it on agian help me plz in Cortana to solve the problem; during my windows first setup i disabled cortana but now i need to turn it on agian help me plz... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by karanyadav_233, Mar 5, 2019.

1. during my windows first setup i disabled cortana but now i need to turn it on agian help me plz

during my windows first setup i disabled cortana but now i need to turn it on agian help me plz

:)

karanyadav_233, Mar 5, 2019

2. How to disable Cortana/Have a search menu that is actually helpful.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to turn off Cortana settings.

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 5, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

during my windows first setup i disabled cortana but now i need to turn it on agian help me plz

Turn Cortana off without disabling it?

Hello and glad to hear you have found the site useful during my windows first setup i disabled cortana but now i need to turn it on agian help me plz :)

I am sure you have seen the tutorials on Cortana so I wont list those. As you say it is easy to disable and enable Cortana via the GP or Reg route but simply turning on or off is done in the Cortana Settings. My recollection is that W10 starts out with Cortana OFF by default. Have you found that to not be the case for you? Perhaps it is controlled by some of the privacy settings you decide during the initial setup.

philc43, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. during my windows first setup i disabled cortana but now i need to turn it on agian help me plz - Similar Threads - during setup disabled

2. HELP ME PLZ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP ME PLZ: Everytime i put windows 11 on my pc , something is going wrong everything is lagging and my pc crashes but i am on windows 10 now and always telling me to go win 11 but now that i am in win 10 i am not lagging anymore! Can you help me why my pc lags? I have gtx 1660ti 6 gb ,...
  3. Plz help me

Plz help me: Plz help me I got this new laptop this HP 450 G2 15.6" LAPTOP INTEL i3 500GB STORAGE 8GB RAM WEBCAM WINDOWS 11 856 and I forgot my windows password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plz-help-me/71813216-d38a-467e-b894-edd0ca26db2c
  4. Can a customer service contact with me i need help , plz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a customer service contact with me i need help , plz: Can a customer service contact with me i need help , plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-customer-service-contact-with-me-i-need-help/eb4fd10d-5ae3-4557-b0bc-87abf9774e7e
  5. Can a customer service contact with me i need help , plz

Can a customer service contact with me i need help , plz: Can a customer service contact with me i need help , plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-customer-service-contact-with-me-i-need-help/eb4fd10d-5ae3-4557-b0bc-87abf9774e7e
  6. i need some help plz

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need some help plz: i cant update my windows it says to me *some settings are managed by your organization and says too your device is missing important security and quality fixes/right under it is written :one of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a...
  7. i need help plz

i need help plz: hello I really have a problem that I did try to fix following all your help steps but still it's on In some apps I use the Arabic words appear in strange characters and letters...… I did changed the location the region and languages marked and unmarked the Unicode and still...
  8. Help me plz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help me plz: why are my drivers and adapter's all different from this brand new hp stream book..i have never downloaded anything yet there is a list of driver and adapter and device's..also there was only 1 user listed not even 'guest', as I deleted it..now apparently there are numerous...
  9. Need Help Turning Off Cortana / Ask Me Anything

Need Help Turning Off Cortana / Ask Me Anything: I need help turning off Cortana / Ask Me Anything and restoring the OLD Search Box in Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1703 OS Build 15063.138 Up until about three days ago, I had a search box in my task bar that would allow me to search on my computer, similar to how...
  10. Need help to disable Cortana

Need help to disable Cortana: I've disabled Cortana in the Group Policy, and restarted the PC, but still Cortana remains. When I used to have it disabled, a search icon appeared. Everything is disabled in the Cortana settings menu. Are there some other settings I should be aware of? [img] [img]...