Windows 10: During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting"

Discus and support During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes. It has just tried to install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ship69, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ship69 Win User

During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting"

Hello

My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes.

It has just tried to install a "Cumulative update" and claims to have completed it successfully.

J

:)

ship69, Mar 26, 2017
  2. cursayer Win User

Constantly getting BAD_POOL_HEADER BSODs on Windows 10

Hi, I did the driver verifier and when my PC started it gave me another blue screen that said "Driver Verifier Detected Violation", then my PC restarted and now it is stuck on a screen that says Preparing Automatic Repair, but it is not moving from that
    screen. How can I get it to boot into safe mode?

cursayer, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Restart screen then black screen

You should create a boot menu for your BCD. Restart will show you that then instead of whatever "the blue Restart screen" is.

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} DisplayBootMenu "Yes"

Then you will have the option of pressing F8 to get into the Advanced Boot Options dialog.

Alternatively you could fix your BCD, it is probably broken.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 26, 2017
  4. During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting"

Hi ship69

Can you get to the advance Startup options and try system restore.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 28, 2017
  5. ship69 Win User
    No, at this point I can't even log in.

I think I'm going to have to get the PC to boot off a Windows 10 recovery USB memory stick that I have just found.

Do you have any idea how I can get into the BIOS to get it to boot off the memory stick? I tried hitting F8 during boot-up but that doesn't work...

J

ship69, Mar 28, 2017
  6. You will have to look that up in manual / online. Some boots have an option to change boot order, one of my HP's it is F9

The common defaults to get into BIOS in no particular order F2, Del, ESC. Then change boot order.

I would try F2 first.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 28, 2017
  7. ship69 Win User
    F2 worked - many thanks

ship69, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting"

1. During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting" - Similar Threads - During boot getting

2. laptop stuck on blue restart screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop stuck on blue restart screen: ive tried literally everything but nothing i do is working, it wont shut down and its been at 0% completed for around 4-5 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-on-blue-restart-screen/62e86995-22df-4b9b-9f8c-e19ac9d65940
  3. laptop stuck on blue restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuck on blue restart screen: ive tried literally everything but nothing i do is working, it wont shut down and its been at 0% completed for around 4-5 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-on-blue-restart-screen/62e86995-22df-4b9b-9f8c-e19ac9d65940
  4. laptop stuck on blue restart screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC gets stuck during booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC gets stuck during booting: /When I turn on the computer it stays on the please wait loop. The only fix that works is to unplug my keyboard and mouse. Once i turn the computer off and unplug the mouse and keyboard, it finally boots to the main windows screen. My second issue is that the last update will...
  6. My PC gets stuck during booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC gets stuck during booting: /When I turn on the computer it stays on the please wait loop. The only fix that works is to unplug my keyboard and mouse. Once i turn the computer off and unplug the mouse and keyboard, it finally boots to the main windows screen. My second issue is that the last update will...
  7. Blue screen of death during boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death during boot: Automatic repair locks up on blue screen. “Your PC did not start correctly”. Gigabyte GAZ77M-D3H motherboard Intel core i5 3570K Above are 8 years old and have never had any firmware updates. I attempted to overclock i5 which produced a very small increase in...
  8. stuck on Blue screen during using device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck on Blue screen during using device: I dont know why the blue screen stucked for a week, I try what windows support told me what to do but still not be normal, I need to work with it. It’s really suck for being stuck without knowing reason. Pls help me out everyone :( I restart like what the supporter told me...
  9. PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot: Hello My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes. Clue: Windows has just tried to install a "Cumulative update" and claimed to have completed it successfully. - Any thoughts? J EDIT: I have attached...
  10. Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable: Video of problem: http://s1.webmshare.com/6MNZE.webm Searching about the issue online, it seems that this can be caused by norton or iCloud software, or two Microsoft background services that you have to disable in MSconfig to stop the screen flashing. I don't have norton...