Windows 10: During recent Windows10 updates (November 15) my main user account (admin status) is now...

Discus and support During recent Windows10 updates (November 15) my main user account (admin status) is now... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So the latest Windows10 update has resulted in my main user account to become corrupted. All I get is a two-tone black flashing screen (alternating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MiataGuy, Nov 16, 2018.

1. MiataGuy Win User

During recent Windows10 updates (November 15) my main user account (admin status) is now...

So the latest Windows10 update has resulted in my main user account to become corrupted. All I get is a two-tone black flashing screen (alternating tones) with the hour-glass and no usability other than the Alt-Ctrl-Del Task Manager. It just seems hung on something and won't process through to my screen background and icons.

Help please...

Thanks!

:)

MiataGuy, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows10 think my local user admin as Built-in Administrator. App can't be openen using the built-in administrator account

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

During recent Windows10 updates (November 15) my main user account (admin status) is now...

My admin account switched to a user account!

The first of the many diagrams in this thread show that the link Sign in with a local account instead is displayed for the account that is currently logged on and so the reversion procedure might work for this account. For normal circumstances, that would initiate the conversion back to a local account for the user account currently logged in - see my 23rd & 26th September 2016 posts in revert to local account from one converted to MSAccount. I have no way of knowing how Windows will react to an attempt to use this procedure for the Built-In Admin account and I do not know if that link Sign in with a local account instead will be displayed or not.

I think I side-stepped this issue by suggesting that that
    • An extra password-protected Admin level account is created, and
    • The Built-In Admin is disabled, and
    • The recovery attempt focuses on whichever existing user account remains active afterwards.

Personally, I would reinstall Windows 10 without even attempting this recovery. Installation takes very little effort once everything is backed up and the only necessary user interactions are right at the start & right at the end so it can be initiated before making a pot of tea. It took about 30, 60 & 90 minutes for each of my computers [the 30 minuter is 6 months old, the 60 minuter is 7 years old, 90 minuter is 12 years old].

Raner - I am trying to avoid sounding like I am nagging you into doing a clean install.
    • Once you have recovered the existing user account you can attempt to re-enable & remove the MSAccount link from your Built-In Admin if that link appears in Settings, Accounts.
    • Bree says it cannot be done and I think the same but I have never tried - I have never been able to get to Settings using the Built-In Admin because it cannot run any Windows 10 Apps so I do not know how it can be done [but the diagrams in Bree's link shows that those users got there].
    • Even though I have the safety of having created two spare password-protected Admin accounts I would not want to know that my Built-In Admin was sitting in the background but unable to help me if my other accounts were corrupted.

Denis

Thema:

1. During recent Windows10 updates (November 15) my main user account (admin status) is now... - Similar Threads - During recent Windows10

2. Admin and User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin and User Account: Hello,Sorry for the basic of not already asked questions:When I set up my new windows 11 laptop I am the admin and have a Microsoft account. I’m told I should also have a user account. Is that true?Which should be local?If I make the admin local would I still have access to...
  3. Admin and User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin and User Account: Hello,Sorry for the basic of not already asked questions:When I set up my new windows 11 laptop I am the admin and have a Microsoft account. I’m told I should also have a user account. Is that true?Which should be local?If I make the admin local would I still have access to...
  4. admin/user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin/user accounts: Is there a way to let standard user accounts have access to programs downloaded under the admin account of a Microsoft laptop? Woiuld it depend on the program downloaded? I feel like there is a way to do this but I just can seem to remember. The accounts would be on the same...
  5. admin/user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin/user accounts: Is there a way to let standard user accounts have access to programs downloaded under the admin account of a Microsoft laptop? Woiuld it depend on the program downloaded? I feel like there is a way to do this but I just can seem to remember. The accounts would be on the same...
  6. lost user account after windows10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lost user account after windows10 update: I updated my computer to a new windows. currently im using a temporary account !! how do i get back to my admin account using this temporary account !!! its frustrating to find this out!!! just searched for help and got to know to open it through WINDOWS POWERSHELL admin...
  7. Changing main account user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing main account user: I am trying to change the main account user on my laptop but the individual who owned the computer previously does not remember the password, how do I go about deleting her account?...
  8. User Account Status

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Status: I Changed My User Status To Device Owner And Now I Am Unable To Access Through The Other User And I Have Also Lost Some Of My Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-status/62f30e1b-8c89-44dd-89b9-89ffd2aacb21
  9. Admin status

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin status: I had admin status on my this old computer using Office 2013 but did not have it on my new computer with Office 365 and now I no longer have it on this old computer either. How do I get it. Please just give me the path, not a link. I just received a message on my new...
  10. My admin account switched to a user account!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My admin account switched to a user account!: My account may have gotten corrupt in the update, Don't know for sure. I do know this, This mess is way above my paygrade...LOL... I really need some help to try to fix this issue. The attachments can explain far better than me trying type what exactly is going on. All I...