Windows 10: During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart

Discus and support During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was getting the new update and when i went to download it it seemed to go fine but then it went to the “restarting” process which normally takes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WoodsBear, Oct 17, 2020.

1. WoodsBear Win User

During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart

I was getting the new update and when i went to download it it seemed to go fine but then it went to the “restarting” process which normally takes a few seconds but it got stuck and i dont know if i should turn off my pc to fix it because i don’t want to get a blue screen or somehting like that

:)

WoodsBear, Oct 17, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Oct 17, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart - Similar Threads - During update says

2. Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart: Hi, my system is windows 11 23H2, the device is a lenovo thinkbook16p gen4.I'm experiencing very slow restart with bluescreen Driver_Power_State_Failure stop the normal restart, with error code 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffffaf01fbc17040,...
  3. 222H2 update fails during restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    222H2 update fails during restart: Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it can’t be completed and rolls back to 20H2.I’ve been through the answers and tried the following:1. Stopping services, renaming...
  4. 222H2 update fails during restart

222H2 update fails during restart: Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it can’t be completed and rolls back to 20H2.I’ve been through the answers and tried the following:1. Stopping services, renaming...
  5. 222H2 update fails during restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart: So, even when clicking the dedicated button in the windows updateit still doesn't updates on restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-restart-required-but-doesnt/1b3ab1c8-bcf2-485d-83c7-1c46f1d711ba
  7. Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart

Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart: So, even when clicking the dedicated button in the windows updateit still doesn't updates on restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-restart-required-but-doesnt/1b3ab1c8-bcf2-485d-83c7-1c46f1d711ba
  8. BSOD restart during update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD restart during update.: Overnight my laptop had done an update, and upon waking up I see that my laptop was still installing it, after a couple of seconds of saying it's 30% done. The laptop BSOD's on itself, saying the only error is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". It then restarts doing the same thing...
  9. Update stucks during restarting

Update stucks during restarting: [ATTACH]Update stucks while restarting. It has been like this for 2days now Update will go upto 82% then will go back to 32%. Cntrl+alt+delete is not working. I also tried hard reboot still its showing same Plzz help...
  10. windows10 update froze during restart

windows10 update froze during restart: A blue screen appeared advising - collecting info and “we’ll restart for you” 100% completed but nothing appears to be happening? The stop code is DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE. Any ideas what i do now?...