Windows 10: During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 19

Discus and support During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 19 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 1903, second install, third automatic restart and finish, at 18% finish it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pascal Roduit, Nov 11, 2019.

1. During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 19

During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 1903, second install, third automatic restart and finish, at 18% finish it went into a loop, after several hours I killed it with ctrl alt del, now the pc is locked.

Downloaded windows 10 from another machine in order to re-install windows on my surface.

The snag is how do I change boot device origine ?

thank you

:)

Pascal Roduit, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Garry48 Win User

Bluetooth Keyboard: Lost Pass Key loop

I'm stuck in a continuous loop between the bluetooth keyboard and my HP Stream 8 tablet. I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1511.

When I went to pair, the window pass key was provided, I did not write it down, now stuck in the loop of asking for it. How do I delete or by-pass this?

The keyboard is not listed in devices and printers tab.

I tried:

• Using 0000 and 0001 as pass keys
    • I checked the microsoft bluetooth emumerator (MBE) and LE enumerator in devices for updates.
      • The MBE indicates the device is working properly.
    • I've uninstalled both drivers. Then went to add keyboard: new drivers were installed, but went back into the loop asking for pass key. The following is the event sequence and information for the latest install.
      • Device install requested: Device BTH\MS_BTHBRB\5&2600b755&0&1 required further installation.
      • Driver service added (BthEnum): Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service BthEnum for Device Instance ID.... with the following status: 0
      • Device installed (bth.inf): Driver Management concluded the process to install driver bth.inf_X86_4501ba03a44b9d1f\bth.inf for Device Instance ID BTH.... with the following status 0x0
    The keyboard is working, when I go to pair and push connect button on keyboard, the name changes to the keyboard name.

How do I get past the loop?

Thank You.

Garry48, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 19 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Nov 11, 2019
  4. During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 19

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 19

1. During upgrade my surface went into a loop on the third pass 1 being upload 19 - Similar Threads - During upgrade surface

2. Upgrading from Surface Dock 1 to Surface Doc2 with a new Surface Pro 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Surface Dock 1 to Surface Doc2 with a new Surface Pro 9: I purchased a Surface Pro 9 to replace my surface laptop2. I have two 34" LG monitors connected through the display ports to Surface Dock 1 work fine. I purchased a Surface Dock 2 and connected it with USB-c to HDMI input on both monitors. Both monitors flash on and off. Why?...
  3. Upgrading from Surface Dock 1 to Surface Doc2 with a new Surface Pro 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Surface Dock 1 to Surface Doc2 with a new Surface Pro 9: I purchased a Surface Pro 9 to replace my surface laptop2. I have two 34" LG monitors connected through the display ports to Surface Dock 1 work fine. I purchased a Surface Dock 2 and connected it with USB-c to HDMI input on both monitors. Both monitors flash on and off. Why?...
  4. Unable to pass the loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pass the loop: I have a loop issue where I cant even get thru the sign in page. The PC is a desktop and I tried to turn it on. At first it will take some time to load then go to sign in page but now it does not see it. Before the sign in page come it will restart again and again. I need to...
  5. Unable to pass the loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pass the loop: I have a loop issue where I cant even get thru the sign in page. The PC is a desktop and I tried to turn it on. At first it will take some time to load then go to sign in page but now it does not see it. Before the sign in page come it will restart again and again. I need to...
  6. Unable to pass the loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After uploading update for windows 10 my Surface 4 Pro is stuck on loop restarting and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After uploading update for windows 10 my Surface 4 Pro is stuck on loop restarting and...: After uploading update for Windows 10 my Surface 4 Pro is stuck on loop restarting and "undoing changes made to your computer". I tried to restart it with F8, it did not work. I tried to restart and push for 10 seconds power button doing this three times, also did not work....
  8. 1% recovery loop?

1% recovery loop?: I initiated a recovery with files on HP Pavillion Laptop C15. Latest updates 12 sept 2020 had eliminated sound functions.Could not update drivers or troubleshoot... Any solutions would be appreciated. 24+hrs and still at 1%.....
  9. My Surface is stuck in a loop

My Surface is stuck in a loop: I am having a problem with my Surface Lap Top, it is stuck in a loop I keep getting the Message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" then it gives me the code 0xc000021a. If I am luck enough to be able to put my password in and try to sign into my lap top before...
  10. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSoD at third boot during Windows 10 upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSoD at third boot during Windows 10 upgrade to 1909: Hello, I am finally ending here after having spent quite a lot of time stripping down software, drivers, and possible causes of my issue. I have a Windows 10 Pro 1809 rig that needs an upgrade to 1909. It has successfully upgraded from previous Windows 10 versions in the...