Windows 10: During windows 10 install it tells me I have to restart to continue but sends me back to...

Discus and support During windows 10 install it tells me I have to restart to continue but sends me back to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During windows 10 install it tells me I have to restart to continue but it sends me back to the start of the windows setup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joelabiano, Jul 25, 2020.

1. During windows 10 install it tells me I have to restart to continue but sends me back to...

During windows 10 install it tells me I have to restart to continue but it sends me back to the start of the windows setup.

:)

Joelabiano, Jul 25, 2020

2. Back to Windows 10 for me!

I've been on Windows 10 for almost a year now and Windows 7 is unbearable for two reasons:
    1. Right-clicking on the start menu doesn't bring up a short list of everything I tend to use (Power Options, Programs and Features, Event Viewer, Command Prompt (+Admin), Control Panel, and Run).
    2. Windows Update on a clean Windows 7 install is broken. I have a computer sitting here that has been at 50%+ load for over 12 hours and it is still "checking for updates."

Both piss me off, the latter extremely so. Let me add a third point:
    Windows 7 shipped with Internet Explorer 8. It reminds me of trying to use Internet Explorer 4 a decade ago on a fresh install of Windows 98 SE. I was trying to download drivers from Sony with it and the CSS's do something that makes them unload which causes the website to be unusable.

TL;DR: Windows 7 is a dinosaur and it shows every bit of that 7 years of age it has. It is XP all over again and Microsoft made the right decision to kill it off as fast as possible. It's a shame so many people missed or refused the Windows 10 upgrade offer. Every time I see a Windows 7 computer now, I want to put a hole in a wall with my head in anger and frustration.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 25, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Back to Windows 10 for me!

I completely agree. I can't go back to Windows 7 after using 8 and now 10 for the past couple years. I've had 8 on my main PCs for at least a couple years, and just recently put 10 on my main PC, but I've had 10 on my daily driver laptop for almost a year, and I really like it so much better than 7. When I go back to using 7 now it just feels so dated, and I miss the improvements that came with 8 and 10.

Besides the right click thing on the start menu(which I really don't benefit from because I still use ClassicShell and just configure it so all that stuff shows up there instead), there is the much improved file transfers and the much better task manager. Then there's the quicker startup, proper UEFI support, proper support for GPT drives and the ability to boot from them.

newtekie1, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

During windows 10 install it tells me I have to restart to continue but sends me back to...

Back to Windows 10 for me!

I have to agree with @FordGT90Concept. I've staged one Windows 7SP1 system and one Windows 10 on my personal bench this weekend, one for family, one for a client...both on Dell 5000-series laptops from 2014. Figured I'd share my results here now that I'm.about done.

I was done with 10 yesterday morning... the same morning I installed it...fully updated and ready to roll. Updated, drivers, Minute to install Chrome, FF, VLC, MBAM, Peazip, etc. Boots up faster and was much faster to get off my bench.

The Win 7 system is still on my bench...gave it the afternoon, evening and now into mid morning today...still updating. But its gotta roll in a couple hours. Its only as far as it is thanks to Sols script and the rollup patch. Used Ninite for apps, etc.

Dont get me wrong, the system runs great, but its tough for me to justify wasting a weekend and sending off a fresh install incomplete in my eyes.

Last thing I want is a client or family member calling asking why their brand new system is spending all day downloading updates but doesn't really seem to be doing anything. Thats not a conversation we should need to have...and why I'm hoping next month's changes to the update platform will make all the difference.

I used 1607 for the 10 Pro install, 7 SP1 for the other.

Kursah, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

During windows 10 install it tells me I have to restart to continue but sends me back to...

1. During windows 10 install it tells me I have to restart to continue but sends me back to... - Similar Threads - During install tells

2. My virtual machine restarted after the installing windows process and it sended me back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My virtual machine restarted after the installing windows process and it sended me back to...: right when the installing windows process was finished my PC had to restart and now it sended me back to the start, can you help me with this?...
  3. My virtual machine restarted after the installing windows process and it sended me back to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My virtual machine restarted after the installing windows process and it sended me back to...: right when the installing windows process was finished my PC had to restart and now it sended me back to the start, can you help me with this?...
  4. My virtual machine restarted after the installing windows process and it sended me back to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. See my address for a long time they have been sending me emails telling me that I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See my address for a long time they have been sending me emails telling me that I have...: Here are the texts they sent meWorld Bank Switzerland,No 1 Postfach CH 4002 Basel Switzerland. RE: PAYMENT OF $6.5 MILLIONI am instructed to keep you posted on the outcome of our emergency meeting with the World Bank president, David R....
  6. See my address for a long time they have been sending me emails telling me that I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    See my address for a long time they have been sending me emails telling me that I have...: Here are the texts they sent meWorld Bank Switzerland,No 1 Postfach CH 4002 Basel Switzerland. RE: PAYMENT OF $6.5 MILLIONI am instructed to keep you posted on the outcome of our emergency meeting with the World Bank president, David R....
  7. Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor: I am running Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.508. Recently device manager tells me that my monitor is an Acer 271HL when, in fact, my monitor is an AOC 2270SWHN. I have never had an Acer monitor. Why is this happening? 164400
  8. Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor: I am running Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.508. Recently device manager tells me that my monitor is an Acer 271HL when, in fact, my monitor is an AOC 2270SWHN. I have never had an Acer monitor. Why is this happening? 164400
  9. Windows sending me back a page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows sending me back a page: I’ve been having this weird issue with my computer lately. every time I try to use Google Chrome, it sends me back a page to the one I was on before and sometimes even all the way back to the New Tab screen. I’d usually assume this is just an issue with google chrome, so i...
  10. sending me back to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending me back to desktop: when i'm in my email or any page really, i'll be typing & all of a sudden it sends me back to my desktop & i loose everything i had been typing PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-me-back-to-desktop/58f65861-00cd-486c-bce6-2d41497ac1ed