Windows 10: Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update

Discus and support Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anybody had this issue recently AFTER LATEST UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MartinSlatcher, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update

Anybody had this issue recently AFTER LATEST UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10

:)

MartinSlatcher, Oct 3, 2020

2. DVD/CD Rom missing from device manager

I have a HP Pavillion dv9000 Entertainment Notebook. AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz. Ram 3.00 GB and 64-Bit Operating System. I had Windows Vista and did a clean install of Windows 7. While using Vista, I burned important files onto DVDs. After installing Windows 7, my DVD/CD Rom drive is not working.

I tried to update the drivers but I couldn't find them. I went into Device Manager to update them, but it's missing. I put in both a CD and DVD to see if it would pop-up and nothing. I went to Microsoft and tried their Fix-It and it couldn't find any device. URL here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116. I then went and followed the advice at this site: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-missing/b768bfbe-652a-43b8-ade3-29969d26b000 and no such luck.

The only thing that could possibly be a problem is something called a Coprocessor which is giving me an exclamation point in the device manager. I think it's related to a missing driver for the memory card. I'm prompted to go to the HP Company website to udpate it but I get an error message any time that I do so.

Please help.

autigerfan, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Kai82 Win User
    CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.

Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update [​IMG]

Yep looks like its not found in Disk Management. Any more ideas? Or the cd drive is fully broken or probs not inserted to the laptop

Kai82, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update

Dvd/CD drive is missing on Windows 10.

Hi Ascott,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

This issue occurs due to corrupted or outdated or incompatible DVD/CD-ROM drives driver on your system.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Please follow these methods below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

Try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, the steps are mentioned below:

1. Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search bar and press Enter.

2. Click on ‘View all’ on the left panel of the ‘Troubleshooting’ window.

3. Click on ‘Hardware and Devices' and follow on the screen instruction.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2 :

You may also update the DVD/CD-ROM drives driver from Device Manager manually and check, if this helps.

•Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

•Expand “DVD/CD-ROM drives”.

•Right click on the DVD/CD-ROM driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.

Method 3:

If still the issue persists, Uninstall and reinstall the DVD/CD-ROM drives driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM drives driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “DVD/CD-ROM drives” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the DVD/CD-ROM driver and click on “uninstall” the DVD/CD-ROM driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update

1. Dvd and cd drive missing in device manager after update - Similar Threads - Dvd drive missing

2. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  3. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  4. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD/CD drive missing

DVD/CD drive missing: Unable to find all drives except my C: drive. Even went into registry to try and delete upper and lower filters. They dont exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-missing/68b6d901-97d0-430b-81bd-67aebafa94cc
  6. DVD/CD-Rom drives missing from Device Manager list

DVD/CD-Rom drives missing from Device Manager list: I've searched for the past couple of days trying to find a solution, but none of them have worked. It was originally on my device manager list, but I had a code 45 error and one of the solutions was to uninstall the drive then reboot. When I did that, I guess my system did...
  7. Missing Cd DVD Drive after update to Windows 10

Missing Cd DVD Drive after update to Windows 10: I tried to burn a cd on my computer and kept getting the message that I don't have a cd burner. I looked in device manager and the cv dvd hard drive was missing. I went into the hidden devices and found the cd drive there but it says that its not connected to my computer...
  8. CD/DVD Drive not showing in device manager

CD/DVD Drive not showing in device manager: Hi all, Im all out of options, hope someone can help! Hopefully you can see the laptop details as I just entered them when signing up, if not just ask. CD DVD drive has diappeared from explorer and device manager. Its still listed in BIOS as a boot device (though just...
  9. DVD/CD-ROM not in Device Manager

DVD/CD-ROM not in Device Manager: Hello everyone! I have googled this all over the place and there are all sorts of issues with DVD / CD-ROM players no longer being recognized but I haven't come across the same problem I'm having. I upgraded to Windows 10 64bit from Windows 7 64bit. One day while I was...
  10. CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.

CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.: Hi, title says it all. I'm having problems with my computer CD/DvD drive where its not shown in File Explorer As (D: ) or even shown in Device Manager. I have tried inserting a disk and ejecting it out and it works fine. However the drive is just missing from the computer....