Windows 10: DVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already

Discus and support DVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The cd spins for about 8 seconds and then stops I also do not have the device listed below quick access or in control panel I did not have any upper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KavishChauhan, Dec 5, 2020.

1. DVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already

The cd spins for about 8 seconds and then stops

I also do not have the device listed below quick access or in control panel

I did not have any upper filters or lower filters in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

I have tried all of the fixes including:

• uninstalling the device and rebooting
    • Creating keys in atapi
    • resetting BIOS
    • run reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 in cmd
    • run reg.exe add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    • used 3rd party drive repair softwares

My device is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSBO

Please help

:)

KavishChauhan, Dec 5, 2020

2. Optical Drive (CD/DVD) not detected by Windows 10

I know this has been asked in the community many times already by others, and i have tried all of those fixes. Nothing works for me. My laptop is a new Lenovo e560. The cd/dvd drive is detected in the BIOS - can even boot with another bootable DVD.

Steps already tried:

• LowerFilters & UpperFilters strings removed from under registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and rebooted the laptop.

• Added Controller0 key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\ and added a DWORD
      EnumDevice1 with value 1, and rebooted the laptop.

• In Device Manager, clicked View->Show Hidden Objects, expanded the
      DVD/CDROM Devices and uninstalled my DVD drive from the list. It never got detected or installed after a reboot - it's gone now, cannot see it anymore.

• In Device Manager, expanded IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. But the only thing here is
      Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI controller. There is nothing else there - no ATA Channel 0 or ATA Channel 1 (things that have been suggested to be deleted on other posts regarding this issue). So I uninstalled
      the SATA AHCI controller and rebooted. It just reinstalled it automatically. But no CD/DVD drive yet.

• In Device Manager, scanned for new hardware.

• And yes, I already ran the Hardware Troubleshooter.

I've gotten these above steps from the following posts:

Those helped a lot of people (try those first if you are having the same issue). But as you can guess none of those steps helped me, hence creation of this post.

TousifSaleh, Dec 5, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drive (EDVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 5, 2020
  4. DVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already

DVD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already

Hello Smitt,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

If you see Code 19 error, then it indicates that a registry problem was detected. This can occur when more than one service is defined for a device, if there is a failure opening the service registry entry, or if the driver name cannot be obtained from the
    service registry entry. In that situation, you can see the error message as
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. To fix this problem you should uninstall and then reinstall the hardware device. (Code 19)

Since you have tried all troubleshooting steps, but the problem still persist. Suggest you to check for any pending Windows Updates available out there.
    Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and check for any available updates. If any, then try to install them and see if it cures the issue. Do check and install the latest drivers
    (I.e. DVD/CD drivers, BIOS update and Chipset drivers) for your device on Manufacturer website to see if it fix the issue.

Moreover, test this issue by setting up another User Profile. This will help us to confirm that, if any problem corruption with the existing User Profile causing this issue.
    Refer the article Set up accounts on Windows 10.

Keep us posted the outcome to guide you further.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

DVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already

1. DVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already - Similar Threads - DVD detected tried

2. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...: Explorer will see music CD. Device manger does NOT show CD/DVD drives, There are TWO.Same problem with both. Tried driver update, & reinstall. Did search for new devices - nothing. These worked before. I am building a new computer and installed 2 cd/dvd and windows 10 sees...
  3. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...: Explorer will see music CD. Device manger does NOT show CD/DVD drives, There are TWO.Same problem with both. Tried driver update, & reinstall. Did search for new devices - nothing. These worked before. I am building a new computer and installed 2 cd/dvd and windows 10 sees...
  4. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives

Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives: I tried to listen to some music this morning, but Windows Explorer didn't detect my CD/DVD Drive. My BIOS, Belarc Advisor and Hardware and Sound Control Panel not detect it either. It certainly has power. I haven't checked it's motherboard connection. Is there anything I...
  6. DVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already

DVD and CD not detected in Windows 10 - tried all of the recommended fixes already: The cd spins for about 8 seconds and then stops I also do not have the device listed below quick access or in control panel I did not have any upper filters or lower filters in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}...
  7. unable to detect CD or DVD driver

unable to detect CD or DVD driver: im unable to insert the CD or DVD in disk when I inserted the CD or DVD is not responding and saying please insert disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-detect-cd-or-dvd-driver/d1de765f-3651-4f45-810d-19d534737300
  8. Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc

Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc: I believe there is a problem with my DVD/Cd drive not detecting my blank CD-R I am trying to burn a back up to CD from Windows Media Player But when I put my blank cd in it doesn't see it Same goes for trying to play a cd too I have tried with iTunes...same problem....
  9. CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

CD/DVD Drives Not Detected: I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on). Windows 10 will not show the disc drives anywhere. I've checked in the Device Manager and everywhere else I can look, but they...
  10. CD/DVD Rom isn't detecting on Win 10!

CD/DVD Rom isn't detecting on Win 10!: Hello guys! I'm having a problem here. I manually upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 and it isn't detecting my cd/dvd rom. [img] My system specifications are as follows; FX 6350, 2x4gb ram, gtx 760, gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 12251