Windows 10: DVD app closes at launch

Discus and support DVD app closes at launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows DVD has played in the past but now will close at launch. Asks to put in a dvd, says "loading" then closes completely. Troubleshooter says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AJN5, Sep 5, 2018.

1. AJN5 Win User

DVD app closes at launch

Windows DVD has played in the past but now will close at launch. Asks to put in a dvd, says "loading" then closes completely. Troubleshooter says it cant play with USB 3.0, needs USB 2.0. Is there an upgrade? How do I get it to play again? Thanks!

:)

AJN5, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Cheri F Win User

Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

Cheri F, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Altidias Win User
    Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, Sep 5, 2018
  4. DVD app closes at launch

Xbox app closes on launch

Hi Cheri,

To understand the issue better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently?
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue?
    • Is there any error message?
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this
      thread? Quite a few people found it helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

DVD app closes at launch

1. DVD app closes at launch - Similar Threads - DVD app closes

2. Game takes up to 5 attempts to launch, other apps launch, then close

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Game takes up to 5 attempts to launch, other apps launch, then close: Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867) Some utility apps (e.g. Jam Software's Ultra Search) open and then instantly close. Some startup apps (e.g. Logitech Gaming Software) start at boot but do not do their job, requiring manual restart to actually work. Skyrim Special...
  3. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: my computer updated with another windows update, upon this the Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. i have tried a reset on app, uninstall and reinstall. still not working...
  4. Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching: Windows Version Number: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Recently I became annoyed with restrictive permissions in C:\Program Files. I changed the permissions for C:\ to only contain user Everyone with Full Control permissions. I changed the Owner in Advanced Permissions to...
  5. Windows DVD launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows DVD launch: I saw a note saying that my laptop which has no OPT. drive but has Windows 10 was acceptable to use for the DVD launch. So I paid my $14.99 and received the Launch. I still don't have an OPT. drive - which keeps me "Up the creek without a paddle". I don't think there is...
  6. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: Hi Microsoft Community, I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users. One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Closing after launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Closing after launching: This is my dad's computer and problem started today 8/26/2019. The Windows Microsoft Solitaire Collection App launches and then Immediately crashes/closes. Have tried many options from uninstall/install. reset. clearing caches. etc. nothing helps below is the system current...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Closing after launching

Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Closing after launching: This is my dad's computer and problem started today 8/26/2019. The Windows Microsoft Solitaire Collection App launches and then Immediately crashes/closes. Have tried many options from uninstall/install. reset. clearing caches. etc. nothing helps below is the system current...
  9. Windows DVD Player closes at launch

Windows DVD Player closes at launch: Before the Windows DVD Player app purchase, the message on the screen had mentioned that the external DVD Player connected is compatible with the app... and prompted me to buy it. After buying the app, the app displayed 'Loading' for a few seconds and then just closed...
  10. App or gadget for opening and closing dvd drive

App or gadget for opening and closing dvd drive: I used to have a gadget on my desktop that would open and close my dvd drive which was very convenient for me as I can't easily reach the button while sitting in my chair (and if I stretch, I CAN take out or put in a disc) Is there an app in Windows 10 will do that? 31596