Windows 10: DVD app

Discus and support DVD app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After recently updating to windows 10 19.09 from the Creators Update my copy of DVD Player app which replaced my Media Centre app when upgrading from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by X51V(2), Dec 11, 2019.

1. X51V(2) Win User

DVD app

After recently updating to windows 10 19.09 from the Creators Update my copy of DVD Player app which replaced my Media Centre app when upgrading from Windows 7 Pro (to the first iteration of Windows 10) disappeared from my app list.
    As a qualifying upgrade for the DVD app is there a way that I can re-download the app as it does show in my app list.

:)

X51V(2), Dec 11, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

DVD app

We appreciate the information you've shared. To resolve the error code that you're getting, we suggest the following troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

• Open Windows Store app.
    • Select your account profile picture next to the search box.
    • Click Downloads and updates.
    • On the download page, select Check for updates.
    Step 2: Reset Windows Store app

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Select Yes in the User Account Control dialog.
    • Type wsreset in the window and press Enter.
    Note: The process may take a few minutes, once it's done, Store app will open and you may check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the recommended resolution works for you.

Joan Pin, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

DVD app

Unable to play DVD using Windows DVD player app

Hi,

To help you better please provide us with the below information.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • What is the complete error message/code you see while trying to play a DVD?
    • Is the issue specific to one DVD or all the DVD's?

As initial step I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it fixes the issue.

If the issue still appears follow methods to address your issue.

Method 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Try Updating the App from the Windows Store

I suggest you to update the App from the Windows Store. This may resolve the issue. Refer the link below for details about updating Apps on Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

DVD app

1. DVD app - Similar Threads - DVD app

2. Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Windows DVD Player: How to stop auto renew of DVD player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-windows-10-apps-windows-dvd-player/68a39b54-197f-4989-8000-d23839e46432
  3. Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Windows DVD Player: How to stop auto renew of DVD player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-windows-10-apps-windows-dvd-player/68a39b54-197f-4989-8000-d23839e46432
  4. Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store: I received a gift of windows dvd app but when I redeemed it, app hasn't downloaded nor can I find it on my computer or in my Microsoft Store or my account. I have relentlessly followed the instructions without success. I have pressed updates in my store account, I have...
  5. Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store

Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store: I received a gift of windows dvd app but when I redeemed it, app hasn't downloaded nor can I find it on my computer or in my Microsoft Store or my account. I have relentlessly followed the instructions without success. I have pressed updates in my store account, I have...
  6. Had to reinstall windows and when I went to install the windows dvd player app it wants me...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Had to reinstall windows and when I went to install the windows dvd player app it wants me...: I Had to reinstall windows and when I went to install the windows dvd player app it wants me to purchase it although i had already purchased it a few years ago?...
  7. Had to reinstall windows and when I went to install the windows dvd player app it wants me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to reinstall windows and when I went to install the windows dvd player app it wants me...: I Had to reinstall windows and when I went to install the windows dvd player app it wants me to purchase it although i had already purchased it a few years ago?...
  8. Had to reinstall windows and when I went to install the windows dvd player app it wants me...

9. i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home...: i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home edition. why isn't there a download and install link? it shows i bought it but it says open in the store....
  10. i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home...

i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home...: i purchased the windows dvd player app from the microsoft store for windows 11 home edition. why isn't there a download and install link? it shows i bought it but it says open in the store....