Windows 10: DVD / Blu Ray Drive does not detect the disks on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with Acer Predator 17

Discus and support DVD / Blu Ray Drive does not detect the disks on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with Acer Predator 17 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, The Blu Ray drive is not able to detect any disk (DVD or Blu Ray). Laptop Make and Model: Acer Predator G9-791 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ASH-DEV, Jun 15, 2019.

1. ASH-DEV Win User

DVD / Blu Ray Drive does not detect the disks on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with Acer Predator 17

Hi,

The Blu Ray drive is not able to detect any disk (DVD or Blu Ray).

Laptop

Make and Model: Acer Predator G9-791

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)

Blu Ray information:

Model: MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ272Q

Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 10.00.17763.0001 (English), 9/15/2018 17:28:17, 165888 bytes

I have tried the following:

1) Uninstall and Reinstall the driver.

2) Registry changes: UpperFilters or LowerFilters registry keys do NOT exist.

Please advice. Thank you!

:)

ASH-DEV, Jun 15, 2019
  2. 1udl Win User

Blu-ray burners in windows 10 home 64-bit

I just 'upgraded' to windows 10, and one of my two Blu-ray burners has disappeared from my hardware list, and it was working perfectly in windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

I have confirmed that the second drive is there in my cmos, and neither the windows device manager nor the disk management see it.

I have five media devices: 1x 500GB SSD, 2x 500GB HD, and 2x Blu-ray burners.

Can anyone tell me if we are limited to only one burner?

3. Blu Ray DVD drive won't play Blu Ray DVDs since Windows 10 Upgrade.

Hi My LiteOn Blue Ray DVD drive will no longer play Blu Ray DVDs since I upgraded to Windows 10.

I know The drive is working as I can see the contents of the Blu Ray disk if I explore it, and if I play a normal DVD it works fine.

I have a suspicion it might be some player/license problem so I am about to uninstall and reinstall my Nero Blu Ray DVD player.

just posting this in case other people have simular problems. Will return with the outcome.

Anyone had a simular problem?

GerardBakker, Jun 15, 2019
  4. vmr907 Win User

DVD / Blu Ray Drive does not detect the disks on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with Acer Predator 17

Blu Ray Media no longer detected

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 10 on several of my PCs from Windows 8 and 7. I have just realized (months after the upgrade), that no Blu Ray disks are readable with any of my PCs. I have tried the drives that came with the machines, and a USB combo drive that
    can read Blu Rays, and none of them will detect Blu Ray discs when inserted. If I connect the USB drive to machines with Windows 7 and 8, and they read the media without a problem. I have tried several Blu Rays, and the same deal, on the W7 machine it works,
    but not on my Windows 10 PCs.

All of the drives read DVDs, and CDs without an issue.

I have seen people suggest that you will need a third party application to read a Blu Ray, but if the drive does not recognize that a disk has been inserted, then no third party software will read the disk.

I have reached out to the hardware manufacturer, and they have instructed me to contact Microsoft support as they deem this to be a operating system issue, and not a hardware issue, since the drives all work before the upgrades. If I try looking for a new
    driver, the Windows always denominates the drives as CD-Rom drives.

Can anyone help out with this issue?

vmr907, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. DVD / Blu Ray Drive does not detect the disks on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with Acer Predator 17 - Similar Threads - DVD Blu Ray

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Windows 10 blu ray dvd problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 blu ray dvd problem: Hi, I have a question How can I play any disc like blu ray DVD on my windows 10 Samsung notebook 7 also named as LAPTOP-A368KD5U? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-blu-ray-dvd-problem/111bb6f6-5433-4b68-b9fe-5240f6a6a9ad
  5. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.: I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up...
  6. Blu-ray disk player

Blu-ray disk player: What is the purpose of connecting a Blu-ray disk player to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disk-player/92b29721-7839-41b0-943a-d51020da0a02
  7. Windows 10 Alienware 17 - external LG blu-ray - windows does not recognize the drive.

Windows 10 Alienware 17 - external LG blu-ray - windows does not recognize the drive.: Windows does not recognize the drive. Has never worked. Drive works on other devices, just not with Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-alienware-17-external-lg-blu-ray/d2d56bc9-5044-4e07-8288-c7d690369e3a
  8. Blu-ray DVD recording

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blu-ray DVD recording: Do I need to format a Blu-ray DVD before recording data files into it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-dvd-recording/db37d907-8e4e-46d4-ae78-298d42bdd706"
  9. Ability to play a Blu-Ray DVD on a Windows 10

Ability to play a Blu-Ray DVD on a Windows 10: Hello Everyone, I don't know, whoever else has had this problem, why I cannot play a Blue-Ray DVD on my Windows 10 Media Player!! Apparently you have to use a 3td party player. Oh, and by the way, Windows will take no responsibility for any problems with your computer...
  10. DVD blu ray drive

DVD blu ray drive: 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I click on setup.exe for example, it takes about 30-40 seconds to 'wind up' and run. It must be the drivers. Its not win 10,...