Windows 10: DVD/Bluray burning issues

Discus and support DVD/Bluray burning issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 21H2. I have an LG WH14NS40 DVD/Bluray drive/burner that I've been using for about 6 years, before upgrading to W10. Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by krthom1, Sep 23, 2022.

1. krthom1 Win User

DVD/Bluray burning issues

Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 21H2. I have an LG WH14NS40 DVD/Bluray drive/burner that I've been using for about 6 years, before upgrading to W10. Even after upgrading, it worked as it's supposed to just fine, until the last 2 or 3 updates ... not sure what version last worked! Now it will play CDs, DVDs and Blurays but will not burn anything! I've used 3 different video software apps and made about 12 coasters so far. Tried uninstalling, re-installing and the firmware cannot be updated I talked with LG support, who also says the drive is compatible with W10 I've done every trick I read about on

:)

krthom1, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Kaoru24 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize blank bluray disks or play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

I have a twist to a Windows 10 issue with dvd burners.

My LG BH10LS30 burner shows up as an available drive. It burns and plays regular dvds. It also recognizes and plays purchased bluray dvds.

However, it is not recognizing blank bluray disks (used memorex and and sony) and will not play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Kaoru24, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Burn a dvd

Hi So Dak Sue,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Is your system up to date?

• Do you get the error while you try to attach photo to an email through Email app/browser?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: To burn DVD.

• Insert the DVD which you want to burn before proceeding to below steps.

• Open Start menu, type
      Windows media player in search bar and click on Windows media player from the search bar results. (Click on Recommended settings if you are opening the Windows media player for the first time)

• Click on the Burn tab at top right corner on the Windows media player window.

• Open the files which you want to burn to DVD by browsing the location from the left navigation pane in Windows media player.

• Select the items which you want to burn to DVD, drag and drop the files to the Burn DVD section.

• Now click on the Start burn under the Burn tab.

• One the DVD has burned, you may eject the DVD.

Step 2: Install latest updates.

Install the latest available Windows updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Kaoru24 Win User

Windows 8 or 10 do not recognize blank bluray disks or play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

I have a twist to a Windows 8 and 10 issue with dvd burners.

I have had a Dell 8700 desktop with a LG BH10LS30 bluray burner for a couple of years. When I was on Windows 8, I had no problems playing or burning regular or bluray DVDs.

However, when I upgraded to Windows 10, even though the burner shows up as an available drive, it did not recognize blank bluray disks (I have used Memorex, Sony, and Verbatim BD-Rs thus far) and will not play bluray disks previously burned from the same
    burner.

It was able to play commercial regular and bluray dvds with no problems.

I recently had a problem in Windows 10 and had to use recovery disks to go back to Windows 8.1. And now I've lost more functionality....it now doesn't recognize or play (those burned with videos) regular blank DVDs either.

I still can play purchased regular or bluray DVDs.

I've googled and tried various things I've seen posted, but no success yet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Kaoru24, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

1. DVD/Bluray burning issues - Similar Threads - DVD Bluray burning

2. DVD/Bluray burning issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/Bluray burning issues: Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 21H2. I have an LG WH14NS40 DVD/Bluray drive/burner that I've been using for about 6 years, before upgrading to W10. Even after upgrading, it worked as it's supposed to just fine, until the last 2 or 3 updates ... not sure what version last worked!...
  3. DVD/Bluray burning issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/Bluray burning issues: Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 21H2. I have an LG WH14NS40 DVD/Bluray drive/burner that I've been using for about 6 years, before upgrading to W10. Even after upgrading, it worked as it's supposed to just fine, until the last 2 or 3 updates ... not sure what version last worked!...
  4. Burn a DVD?

Burn a DVD?: I can't burn a DVD and I can't get any support from a real person. There is a robot helper that is completely useless. Spent hours clicking and still can not even send a message to Microsoft support. I found an option to wait for hours to chat with a person. I don't care...
  5. Burning a DVD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Burning a DVD: Is there any software or a way to burn a DVD using Windows10? My Dad passed away last month and I received a DVD of the Cellebration of Life service. I need to make copies to give to family members. Thanks...
  6. burning to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burning to DVD: I have saved the files to a DVD, and they show as being there, but the "finish burning" option remains grey, and won't let me complete .. what am I doing wrong? It worked at Christmas, but not now...
  7. Burning DVD

Burning DVD: How and can I burn a dvd on my windows 10 . I have a DVD RW in MY pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-dvd/e2f16ab6-693d-4061-95c4-4540a252b125
  8. burning a dvd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burning a dvd: how to create a dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-a-dvd/9eca03d9-63ea-4d73-bc7f-98192167f08c"
  9. DVD burning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD burning: Hi all. My laptop doesn’t have a DVD drive, but my older PC does. Can any one recommend a program ( free is possible ) that will allow me to create a home dvd, using videos taken from my phone, design a menu, and having a silent video in the back ground playing. Then could...
  10. Burning to DVD

Burning to DVD: I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose the radio button to write as DVD ( as opposed to USB), but nothing gets written. All I get in is that the file is ready to be...