Windows 10: dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past

Discus and support dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; using a built in dvd drive, but receiving this error: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) Computer Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnWatson46, Jul 27, 2019.

1. dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past

using a built in dvd drive, but receiving this error:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

Computer Asus Q550L, Windows 10 ver latest

:)

JohnWatson46, Jul 27, 2019
  2. kukane Win User

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Jul 27, 2019
  3. jgunning Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

Did it come with a warranty..?It should just work.. *Cool dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past :cool:

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Jul 27, 2019
  4. mdpoole Win User

dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past

Win 10, not reading DVD

My DVD driver is not reading that a DVD is present. Windows Media Player says the drive is empty when it has a DVD inside.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (E) but nothing has changed. I'd like to watch movies again. Any suggestions?

mdpoole, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past

1. dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past - Similar Threads - dvd read dvds

2. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  3. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  4. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Optical drive will not read DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optical drive will not read DVDs: Have used VLC media player for a few years with no problem for both CDs and DVDs on Windows 10 OS. Suddenly DVDs are not recognised. The device is working properly, drivers are up to date, have tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling, have edited the registry to remove...
  6. DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10: So recently I have been wanting to rip some of my DVD library (for personal use, of course), but for some reason the DVD drive on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430) is not reading the discs which I put in. I am about to purchase an external DVD drive to read the DVDs, but I...
  7. dvd not reading

dvd not reading: my sony VPCSB18GG LAPTOP IN iNDIA IS NOT DETECTING THE DVD WHEN INSERTED. LAPTOP WAS UPGRADED TO WINDOW 10 FROM WINDOW 7ONE YEAR BACK. THE TROUBLE STARTED THEREAFTER. HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM...
  8. Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds

Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds: Dear all, I’ve tried almost everything suggested about this problem but alas, it still doesn’t work. My dvd player stopped working a while ago, but it still can play old games on CD’s. I’ve deleted the drivers and it didn’t help at all. I updated to windows 10 a few weeks...
  9. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...
  10. Dvd not reading

Dvd not reading: I was just watching a movie with vlc media player then i went to pop another movie in my cd was making noises. Not like it did for the previous dvd. The new movie is a rental from redbox n so i thought it was the sticker, so i removed it (dont worry i bought the movie before...