Windows 10: DVD / CD Drive not Shown up on This PC

Discus and support DVD / CD Drive not Shown up on This PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sir/Madam, Icon not Available... Need to fix the Issue ASAP. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Harish Kumar. E, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DVD / CD Drive not Shown up on This PC

Sir/Madam,

Icon not Available... Need to fix the Issue ASAP.

DVD / CD Drive not Shown up on This PC d790a55d-3ea9-418e-9335-5ca399c767c6?upload=true.jpg

:)

Harish Kumar. E, Jun 25, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Joosujin Win User
    CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Jun 25, 2019
  4. DVD / CD Drive not Shown up on This PC

CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

DVD / CD Drive not Shown up on This PC

1. DVD / CD Drive not Shown up on This PC - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Shown

2. New PC no CD DVD drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC no CD DVD drive.: Each start up shows the message:-"LOADING Your CD DVD Rom may not be ready yet"How do I remove it ........Please?.I do use a USB CD Rom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-no-cd-dvd-drive/4f4ff9af-949c-4cb1-b664-207d63ceb33a
  3. New PC no CD DVD drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC no CD DVD drive.: Each start up shows the message:-"LOADING Your CD DVD Rom may not be ready yet"How do I remove it ........Please?.I do use a USB CD Rom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-no-cd-dvd-drive/4f4ff9af-949c-4cb1-b664-207d63ceb33a
  4. External BD/DVD/CD Drive Shown as Portable Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External BD/DVD/CD Drive Shown as Portable Device: I've had an external Blu-ray optical drive for almost 2 years and up until this morning its worked great. Windows sees the device as a "Portable Device" but not as a CD/DVD drive. The drive gets power, it opens and discs spin, but Windows does nothing when its connected....
  5. External BD/DVD/CD Drive Shown as Portable Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External BD/DVD/CD Drive Shown as Portable Device: I've had an external Blu-ray optical drive for almost 2 years and up until this morning its worked great. Windows sees the device as a "Portable Device" but not as a CD/DVD drive. The drive gets power, it opens and discs spin, but Windows does nothing when its connected....
  6. External BD/DVD/CD Drive Shown as Portable Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Dvd / Cd drive not showing up

Dvd / Cd drive not showing up: Hi all i cannot find my cd drive in This PC from file explorer It is neither in device manager nor in disk management i did the registry key solution, used cmd, used troubleshooter i don't know what to do next help please!?!? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  9. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  10. Too many CD/DVD drives shown in File Explorer

Too many CD/DVD drives shown in File Explorer: I have one DVD drive, with no DVD in it, yet File Explorer shows three drives, each with files in them. How do I get rid of the two phantom drives and get rid of the phantom files in the real DVD drive? 54816