Windows 10: DVD / CD labels

Discus and support DVD / CD labels in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it. A friend of mine has just given me a loD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, Apr 12, 2019.

1. dafydd Win User

DVD / CD labels

Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it.
    A friend of mine has just given me a loD of the circular cd labels,don’t know what make they are.
    So thought of looking for some software so maybe use some of them,have tried Avery design software with no luck.An thoughts on the best option I have libra office on my new Acer spin 5 been looking there but failed,anyone got any ideas Please
    many thanks. David.

:)

dafydd, Apr 12, 2019
  2. alexstone Win User

CD/DVD label software

What did you think about dvd cover maker? Is it good?

alexstone, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Ralph_B Win User
    winxp pro explorer cd or dvd label

windows explorer doesn't correctly display the title/label of either cds or dvds , sometimes a previous label is displayed regardless of file content, but mostly no label is displayed. The contaents are displayed ok.
    the following method will display the label correctly but does not alter win explorer display:
    right click on drive, select properties, select hardware, double click on appropriate drive then click on volumes, then click on populate. This method obviously proves that the information can be read by my system but I do not understand the explorer problem - any thoughts are wellcome please ?

win xp sp2
    optorite drive dvd rw dd0203

I've since resolved the problem by selecting autoplay for the cd/dvd drive, not ideal becauase I do not want to use the autoplay feature , but at least it solved the label problem

Ralph_B, Apr 12, 2019
  4. DVD / CD labels

New Version of LightScribe Improves CD and DVD Labeling Quality

LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling today announced enhancements that reduce graininess and improve fine detail reproduction for LightScribe's DVD / CD labeling.
    The enhanced image quality is available immediately through a free upgrade of the LightScribe system software and requires no additional changes to customers' systems or new hardware and media.
    The LightScribe system software will also be preloaded on LightScribe-enabled personal computers and included with DVD writers. The new enhancements do not impact LightScribe labeling time and work with all LightScribe media -- CDs, DVDs, and color background CDs.
    "Enhancing image quality demonstrates LightScribe's ongoing commitment to improving the customer experience," said Kent Henscheid, marketing manager for LightScribe. "With the new system software enhancements, customers can now burn LightScribe CDs and DVDs with even better results."
    LightScribe -- a laser DVD / CD label burning technology found in many popular brands of disc burners, laptops and PCs -- gives people the ability to burn photos, graphics, images and text directly onto LightScribe CDs and DVDs. A simple title printed in normal mode will typically take a couple of minutes. A fuller disc image will take approximately 15-20 minutes. LightScribe CDs are available in original gold, red, orange, yellow, blue and green.

Article

HellasVagabond, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

DVD / CD labels

1. DVD / CD labels - Similar Threads - DVD labels

2. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  3. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  4. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  6. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  7. i cannot scratch off label to access product code on windows 10 dvd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i cannot scratch off label to access product code on windows 10 dvd: unable to reveal product code on windows 10 dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-scratch-off-label-to-access-product-code/9364a6f1-f5a1-482e-ba37-2f3f8d7397c3
  8. "label and insert a blank media bigger than 1gb" on 4.7G DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "label and insert a blank media bigger than 1gb" on 4.7G DVD: I'm trying to do the image backup on windows 10, I have tried twice. the first time: I got full write of 1st 4.7G disc and then continue as well. but the second time: I got not full write of 1st disc the disc just write half of 4.7G DVD and then show "label and insert a...
  9. DVD / C D labels

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD / C D labels: Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it. A friend of mine has just given me a loD of the circular cd labels,don’t know what make they are. So thought of looking for some software so maybe use some of...
  10. Windows 10 DVD Labels & Case Covers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 DVD Labels & Case Covers: Time for our Graphics Team to design some DVD labels & DVD case covers for Windows 10 *Wink 2068