Windows 10: DVD / CD labels

Discus and support DVD / CD labels in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it. A friend of mine has just given me a loD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, Apr 12, 2019.

1. dafydd Win User

DVD / CD labels

Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it.
    A friend of mine has just given me a loD of the circular cd labels,don’t know what make they are.
    So thought of looking for some software so maybe use some of them,have tried Avery design software with no luck.An thoughts on the best option I have libra office on my new Acer spin 5 been looking there but failed,anyone got any ideas Please
    many thanks. David.

:)

dafydd, Apr 12, 2019
  2. alexstone Win User

CD/DVD label software

What did you think about dvd cover maker? Is it good?

alexstone, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Ralph_B Win User
    winxp pro explorer cd or dvd label

windows explorer doesn't correctly display the title/label of either cds or dvds , sometimes a previous label is displayed regardless of file content, but mostly no label is displayed. The contaents are displayed ok.
    the following method will display the label correctly but does not alter win explorer display:
    right click on drive, select properties, select hardware, double click on appropriate drive then click on volumes, then click on populate. This method obviously proves that the information can be read by my system but I do not understand the explorer problem - any thoughts are wellcome please ?

win xp sp2
    optorite drive dvd rw dd0203

I've since resolved the problem by selecting autoplay for the cd/dvd drive, not ideal becauase I do not want to use the autoplay feature , but at least it solved the label problem

Ralph_B, Apr 12, 2019
  4. DVD / CD labels

New Version of LightScribe Improves CD and DVD Labeling Quality

LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling today announced enhancements that reduce graininess and improve fine detail reproduction for LightScribe's DVD / CD labeling.
    The enhanced image quality is available immediately through a free upgrade of the LightScribe system software and requires no additional changes to customers' systems or new hardware and media.
    The LightScribe system software will also be preloaded on LightScribe-enabled personal computers and included with DVD writers. The new enhancements do not impact LightScribe labeling time and work with all LightScribe media -- CDs, DVDs, and color background CDs.
    "Enhancing image quality demonstrates LightScribe's ongoing commitment to improving the customer experience," said Kent Henscheid, marketing manager for LightScribe. "With the new system software enhancements, customers can now burn LightScribe CDs and DVDs with even better results."
    LightScribe -- a laser DVD / CD label burning technology found in many popular brands of disc burners, laptops and PCs -- gives people the ability to burn photos, graphics, images and text directly onto LightScribe CDs and DVDs. A simple title printed in normal mode will typically take a couple of minutes. A fuller disc image will take approximately 15-20 minutes. LightScribe CDs are available in original gold, red, orange, yellow, blue and green.

Article

HellasVagabond, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

DVD / CD labels

1. DVD / CD labels - Similar Threads - DVD labels

2. Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10: I have burned a video onto a DVD-R disk, but i am unable to finalize it to play it back on my DVD player. I have googled how to do it and I have read that Windows automatically closes the session when you eject the disk, but it didn't and my DVD player would not play the...
  3. I have aHP thats only a couple years old. The DVD has never worked. No one has been able to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have aHP thats only a couple years old. The DVD has never worked. No one has been able to...: no one has been able to fix it. I took it back to where I bought it. I took it to the repair shop. Ive written posts like this. Ive called in to Win. NOTHING! Its kind of old. Im over done. I spent a good bit of cash I needed for other stuff just to make sure I could get a...
  4. Why has Windows banned DVD playing on its devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why has Windows banned DVD playing on its devices?: Apparently in the past few days, DVDs no longer play on Windows devices. Their crappy Windows Media Player doesn't recognize them; VLC Media Player no longer recognizes or plays DVDs, and every other avenue to watching purchased, legal, official DVDs appears to be gone. Why?...
  5. Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media: How can I update Windows 10 PCs that are not connected to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-multiple-pcs-from-dvd-or-other-media/7be4d599-0bb5-4514-8f64-7dd76f422bfc
  6. How to watch dvd on HP laptop with windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to watch dvd on HP laptop with windows 10: I have a DVD in HP laptop and would like to play it; however, not sure how to proceed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-watch-dvd-on-hp-laptop-with-windows-10/a2d1caeb-f1bc-465d-92e8-7d36baa6fe04"
  7. how do I start/run a dvd using windows 10?

how do I start/run a dvd using windows 10?: how do I start/run a dvd using windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-startrun-a-dvd-using-windows-10/23ed186a-80a9-47b6-8b2a-9193124e7265
  8. Power media player for dell is not working for a DVD

Power media player for dell is not working for a DVD: Hi. Power media player for dell is not working. Fiste time I want to play a DVD, it was working in 2 minuts. Now is it not working no movie. Regards Annette...
  9. DVD / C D labels

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD / C D labels: Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it. A friend of mine has just given me a loD of the circular cd labels,don’t know what make they are. So thought of looking for some software so maybe use some of...
  10. Windows 10 DVD Labels & Case Covers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 DVD Labels & Case Covers: Time for our Graphics Team to design some DVD labels & DVD case covers for Windows 10 *Wink 2068