Windows 10: DVD/CD not found Win 10

Discus and support DVD/CD not found Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing anew HD and 10 on a HP all in one there is no DVD/CD found.I followed some guidlines for Hardware Diagnostics test but that was for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davethewave, Nov 3, 2019.

1. DVD/CD not found Win 10

After installing anew HD and 10 on a HP all in one there is no DVD/CD found.I followed
    some guidlines for Hardware Diagnostics test but that was for checking the Hard Drive.
    Never found the DVD test.
    Uninstalling ATAPI in device mgr w/reboot won't work cause it aint there either.What is
    there is SATA-____ and i'm not sure if i should delete (uninstall) that.
    Please Help ! I need this for my work and getting a little nervous.

:)

davethewave, Nov 3, 2019
  2. lfernee Win User

Win 10 upgrade and dvd / cd problems

DVF RW drive OK under Win 7. Upgraded to Win 10 and Device manager thought it was a USB Mass Storage Device and would not read any CDs or DVDs!

Followed many Community suggestions and it played pre-recorded CDs but Explorer could not 'see' any files on my own music CD-Rs or DVDs, nor Program DVDs.

Followed more advice and eventually got it to run an installation program (MS Office DVD). However, although it now believes that it has a DVD/CD drive and plays pre-recorded audio CDs, it still sees no files on my CD-Rs or DV-Rs.

Why would that be?

lfernee, Nov 3, 2019
  3. DVD+/- won't read or write on Win 10

Hello Brown,

We appreciate the effort and time that you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drivers from the manufacturer's website and then check. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the CD/DVD drivers.

Follow these steps to Uninstall DVD-CD ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for DVD-CD ROM driver
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the DVD-CD ROM
      driver and select Uninstall.

Do not restart your computer, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install it.

Hope it will help this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 3, 2019
  4. DVD/CD not found Win 10

CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

DVD/CD not found Win 10

1. DVD/CD not found Win 10 - Similar Threads - DVD found

2. Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40): I recently built a new PC and I am using Windows 10 Pro. I installed a new OEM version of the LG Internal SATA 16x Super Multi Blue (WH16NS40). When I try to view any type of disc within Windows File Explorer the contents do not show up. File Explorer will essentially eject...
  3. Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10: Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also cleaned out my PC using compressed air, vacuum...
  4. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD: Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also...
  5. How can I free up space on windows 10 to play a PC DVD game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I free up space on windows 10 to play a PC DVD game: Im trying install an online game but its telling me i dnt have enough disc space how can i free space.Oh create a game driver is it possible?...
  6. dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device

dvd not detected as dvd but as mass storage device: Hello , i have an internal dvd rw which i want to convert to an external one. I plug the dvd with sata to usb cable but the dvd detected as mass storage. I tried to uninstall it with device manager. I have replugged it but still detected as mass storage device. any one have...
  7. DVD BURNER -PLAYER

DVD BURNER -PLAYER: I REINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 -NOW MYDVD BURNER-PLAYER DON'T WOTK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-burner-player/f6d6566c-52e8-4250-8631-381d382a11bf
  8. DVD/CD not found Win 10

DVD/CD not found Win 10: After installing anew HD and 10 on a HP all in one there is no DVD/CD found.I followed some guidlines for Hardware Diagnostics test but that was for checking the Hard Drive. Never found the DVD test. Uninstalling ATAPI in device mgr w/reboot won't work cause it aint there...
  9. DVD not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD not found: I have a HP 19 laptop. The DVD player does not get recognized. If I reinstall the OS, 10 it finds it and works for a limited time, then nothing. I had it fixed under warranty and it just started doing the same thing. Any info?...
  10. dvd rw found win 10 64 bit system

dvd rw found win 10 64 bit system: like a lot of us I was frustrated that I couldn't use my dvd writer. I tried all the fixes to no avail. BUT when I decided to go to control panel and click to see ALL options I went thru each one carefully as I think that's what got me in this bind to begin with. when I came...