Windows 10: DVD/CD not found Win 10

Discus and support DVD/CD not found Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing anew HD and 10 on a HP all in one there is no DVD/CD found.I followed some guidlines for Hardware Diagnostics test but that was for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davethewave, Nov 3, 2019.

1. DVD/CD not found Win 10

After installing anew HD and 10 on a HP all in one there is no DVD/CD found.I followed
    some guidlines for Hardware Diagnostics test but that was for checking the Hard Drive.
    Never found the DVD test.
    Uninstalling ATAPI in device mgr w/reboot won't work cause it aint there either.What is
    there is SATA-____ and i'm not sure if i should delete (uninstall) that.
    Please Help ! I need this for my work and getting a little nervous.

:)

davethewave, Nov 3, 2019
  2. lfernee Win User

Win 10 upgrade and dvd / cd problems

DVF RW drive OK under Win 7. Upgraded to Win 10 and Device manager thought it was a USB Mass Storage Device and would not read any CDs or DVDs!

Followed many Community suggestions and it played pre-recorded CDs but Explorer could not 'see' any files on my own music CD-Rs or DVDs, nor Program DVDs.

Followed more advice and eventually got it to run an installation program (MS Office DVD). However, although it now believes that it has a DVD/CD drive and plays pre-recorded audio CDs, it still sees no files on my CD-Rs or DV-Rs.

Why would that be?

lfernee, Nov 3, 2019
  3. DVD+/- won't read or write on Win 10

Hello Brown,

We appreciate the effort and time that you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drivers from the manufacturer's website and then check. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the CD/DVD drivers.

Follow these steps to Uninstall DVD-CD ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for DVD-CD ROM driver
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the DVD-CD ROM
      driver and select Uninstall.

Do not restart your computer, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install it.

Hope it will help this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 3, 2019
  4. DVD/CD not found Win 10

CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

DVD/CD not found Win 10

1. DVD/CD not found Win 10 - Similar Threads - DVD found

2. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found: Hello. Recently encountered a problem with my external DVD drive. Tried all of the steps listed in practically all other help guides, and, as it almost always is, my solution was ingenious.When you use 3rd party cloud-based apps, such as Google Drive, it makes virtual drives,...
  3. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found: Hello. Recently encountered a problem with my external DVD drive. Tried all of the steps listed in practically all other help guides, and, as it almost always is, my solution was ingenious.When you use 3rd party cloud-based apps, such as Google Drive, it makes virtual drives,...
  4. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...: Explorer will see music CD. Device manger does NOT show CD/DVD drives, There are TWO.Same problem with both. Tried driver update, & reinstall. Did search for new devices - nothing. These worked before. I am building a new computer and installed 2 cd/dvd and windows 10 sees...
  6. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...: Explorer will see music CD. Device manger does NOT show CD/DVD drives, There are TWO.Same problem with both. Tried driver update, & reinstall. Did search for new devices - nothing. These worked before. I am building a new computer and installed 2 cd/dvd and windows 10 sees...
  7. Windows 10 cd/dvd device not found nor can I add it. Done all recommendations, drivers,...

8. Activation key for Windows 11 Pro found on the installation DVD package is not accepted...

Activation key for Windows 11 Pro found on the installation DVD package is not accepted...: Hi, installed Windows 11 from the DVD purchased from retail store and Activation status is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". However, when I am using the Upgrade your Edition option and "Change Product Key" - getting a message...
  9. Activation key for Windows 11 Pro found on the installation DVD package is not accepted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation key for Windows 11 Pro found on the installation DVD package is not accepted...: Hi, installed Windows 11 from the DVD purchased from retail store and Activation status is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". However, when I am using the Upgrade your Edition option and "Change Product Key" - getting a message...
  10. Operating system not found - DVD Issue

Operating system not found - DVD Issue: Hi, I'm trying to use an older laptop, but I'm getting a "Operating system not found" error message when I try to use the DVD. In fact I can't even seem to read from it using an old Linux distro that was on it. I've tried replacing with other DVD drives that I know work, but...