Windows 10: DVD/CD player inoperative following the latest upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support DVD/CD player inoperative following the latest upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way that I can use my DVD/CD player after the latest upgrade to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianSamphire, Dec 17, 2018.

1. DVD/CD player inoperative following the latest upgrade to Windows 10

Is there a way that I can use my DVD/CD player after the latest upgrade to Windows 10

:)

BrianSamphire, Dec 17, 2018

2. Unable to burn CD/DVD using Windows Media Player in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

In regards to the issue, I require additional information to make sure that helps us to resolve the issue easily:

1) What happens when you try to burn the CD/DVD? Does it show any error message?

I suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar next to Start
      icon, and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all option from the left side panel of the window,
    • Select Windows Media Player DVD from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to disable and enable the Windows media player by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Windows Media Player, right click on the top most search result and select
      Uninstall option.
    • From the window, click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • Expand the Media Features option from the window, and uncheck the
      Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’, except check the Windows Media Player option and check if the issue is resolved.
    As a reference, click on the link below about Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to burn CD/DVD using Windows Media Player in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

In regards to the issue, I require additional information to make sure that helps us to resolve the issue easily:

1) What happens when you try to burn the CD/DVD? Does it show any error message?

I suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar next to Start
      icon, and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all option from the left side panel of the window,
    • Select Windows Media Player DVD from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to disable and enable the Windows media player by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Windows Media Player, right click on the top most search result and select
      Uninstall option.
    • From the window, click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • Expand the Media Features option from the window, and uncheck the
      Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’, except check the Windows Media Player option and check if the issue is resolved.
    As a reference, click on the link below about Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Arun B J, Dec 17, 2018
  4. DVD/CD player inoperative following the latest upgrade to Windows 10

Unable to burn CD/DVD using Windows Media Player in Windows 10.

Still not working even after turning the "feature" off and back on. I'm currently using a third party software to burn CDs with.

Phil Burris, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

DVD/CD player inoperative following the latest upgrade to Windows 10

1. DVD/CD player inoperative following the latest upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD player inoperative

2. CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD player: I've plugged my external cd/dvd player in, and I can see it under this PC, but it wont load the disc to play. When the disc is partially in the player, I can use the eject button to eject the disc....
  3. Inoperative DVD player/recorder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inoperative DVD player/recorder: For some reason the DVD recordrer/player in my Dell Inspiron desktop does not recognise a brand new blank DVD disc. Any comments on how this can be addressed?...
  4. Inoperative DVD player/recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inoperative DVD player/recorder: For some reason the DVD recordrer/player in my Dell Inspiron desktop does not recognise a brand new blank DVD disc. Any comments on how this can be addressed?...
  5. Inoperative DVD player/recorder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD / DVD Player not working after windows 10 upgrade: Hello. My CD player was not showing up after upgrade. Now it is after following some tips on the internet. When I first got it to show up, I managed to download a CD to iTunes. Now it won't work. Not sure what to do now....
  7. cd dvd players

cd dvd players: All 3 of my Dell computers Windows 10, latest updates installed} freeze up when trying to read DVD+rw discs. When I click on a file on ANY disc,tried many discs the computers just lock up, D drive is deleted, and I have to do a reboot to get them started again. Tried...
  8. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: Hello. My HP laptop has a built in DVD/CD player which I used quite a bit in the past. Since upgrading to Windows 10 none of the CD's or DVD's will play. Windows media player is installed. The device shows in DVD RW Drive E: Can anyone tell me why this is or what to do to fix...
  9. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: I need help. My DVD/CD player is not working on my HP laptop. It just whirs around but never opens. I did play a music video not long ago and it worked great but now the CD does not work. I really would like to get the CD pictures off it....
  10. DVD/CD player with Windows 10?

DVD/CD player with Windows 10?: How do I work the DVD/CD player after I downloaded Windows 10? I manage a Computer Center for Seniors and since we updated a couple of the desktops to Window 10, we can no longer use the DVD/CD players. Suggestions? and thanks....