Windows 10: dvd/cd players

Discus and support dvd/cd players in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dvd/cd players both quit playing movies. I can still copy? Windows 10. When I check into them they both say they are working?? But they are not. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LynnWhite4, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:48 PM.

1. dvd/cd players

My dvd/cd players both quit playing movies. I can still copy? Windows 10. When I check into them they both say they are working?? But they are not. I shut off and opened the computer disconnected them both. Turned it on then turned it off. Then plugged them both back in, turned it on again they still won't play a movie. HELP PLEASE.

:)

2. Ivann1938 Win User

DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

3. Issues with playing cd and dvds through Windows DVD Player on Windows 10.

Hi Cang,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with .Windows 10.

This issue might occur if DVD player is not installed properly.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Which type of DVDs have you tried to run through DVD player app?
    • Are you facing issue through both CDs and DVDs?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the DVD player app on the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on using DVD player app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

4. dvd/cd players

DVD CD Player

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

• 1. Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

2. Click on Troubleshooting tab.

3. Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

4. Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

5. Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the DVD/CD-ROM drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• 1. Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.

2. Select DVD/CD-ROM and expand the driver icon.

3. Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

5. Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope it helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Thema:

dvd/cd players

1. dvd/cd players - Similar Threads - dvd players

2. DVD PLAYER ERROR CODE AFTER 2020 FOLLOWING CODE WAS GIVEN TO ME BY MICROSOFT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD PLAYER ERROR CODE AFTER 2020 FOLLOWING CODE WAS GIVEN TO ME BY MICROSOFT: 1 the tech must answer without redirecting and deviating from the topic 2 the tech must match error code with in the companies profile 3 the tech must know rather or not this is a update issue 4 the tech must have previous 5 The Tech must provide explanation without...
  3. Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player: I just bought a new PC game and a movie, and neither one is recognized. Can't open them or manipulated any parts of the CD/DVDs. It keeps asking to insert the disc. I just used it a week ago on about a dozen or more CD/DVDs. Has there been an update from Microsoft? Could...
  4. DVD PLAYER WON'T WORK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD PLAYER WON'T WORK: SINCE I GOT WINDOWS 10 MY DVD PLAYER WILL NOT WORK ON ANY OF MY DVDS OR CDS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-wont-work/2aca980c-79dd-4bbe-864c-b3b6aeef2eb9
  5. Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.

Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.: After installing WIN 10 my dvd players will not play movies. When I put one in i get directed to Microsoft store????I look under properties and it says this device is working properly. I shut off then disconnected both dvd's Started up then shut off and re installed both...
  6. MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD

in Windows 10 Customization
    MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD: Media player is not playing DVD movie says disc is empty when it is a movie DVD. I have tried going into the Files ,Play View and Tools sections to work it out but all dead ends .I'm running Windows 10. What can I do ?...
  7. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external dvd player is not being recognized by my pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/ad0eddd8-5e47-48ce-af1d-9cb67f034897
  8. external dvd player not recognized by windows 10

external dvd player not recognized by windows 10: how do I get my pc to recognize the external dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player-not-recognized-by-windows-10/430a521a-7a6b-48ef-86fc-5e314f61d79e
  9. Microsoft Dvd Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Dvd Player: Do I have to purchace the Mocrosoft DVD player for each PC I have? I purchased for my home pc, but also want it on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-dvd-player/e2f1ac13-4de7-4313-ba56-5dc73ee5d73e
  10. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: DVD player not working. Getting Code 19. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/05799b4b-faf0-4921-96e0-ffc6f18f04b4