Windows 10: dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing

Discus and support dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; missing program software for my dvd/cd player/recorder when i updated to win 10 from win 7 the cyberlink software did not come up, how do i get it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joe_69, Aug 21, 2018.

1. joe_69 Win User

dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing

missing program software for my dvd/cd player/recorder when i updated to win 10 from win 7 the cyberlink software did not come up, how do i get it back

:)

joe_69, Aug 21, 2018

2. dvd/cd reader or burner

long story short, building a comp, need to choose a cd thing.
    do burners also read data on discs? also need to know if a burner can would be able to play games.
    ps. dont call me stupid for asking this question i always wondered what a burner does. *Eek! dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing :eek:

NOTE: what is the point of having a CD/DVD reader and a CD/DVD burner

i nEeD HeLp, Aug 21, 2018
  3. MRCL Win User
    dvd/cd reader or burner

To your last question: Many use two drives to make disc-to-disc copies. You put the source disc into the reader, and the empty disc in the writer. THis way you can copy the data from one disc to the otehr without first moving all the data to your Harddisk and then to the empty disc.

4. dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing

Uploading CD's, DVD's and Software

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which software are you using to play CD, DVD?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to un-install/re-install the DVD drive deriver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Uninstall.

• Once you are done un-installing the driver restart the computer, it will automatically install the generic driver.
    If the issue still persist, try updating DVD/ CD-ROM drives
    and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Update.
    If the above method sis not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the DVD/ CD-ROM drives manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/ CD-ROM drives driver and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 you try install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing

1. dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing - Similar Threads - dvd reader recorder

2. Missing CD/DVD Burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing CD/DVD Burner: I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and...
  3. DVD/CD drive missing

DVD/CD drive missing: Unable to find all drives except my C: drive. Even went into registry to try and delete upper and lower filters. They dont exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-missing/68b6d901-97d0-430b-81bd-67aebafa94cc
  4. CD reader

CD reader: When I put a cd in the cd/dvd player, the disc will not open. What do I need to do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-reader/b6d7203c-6bc1-4be6-aadc-7da3c0ddd8a7
  5. Missing HDD and CD/DVD

Missing HDD and CD/DVD: Hello Members, I hav been putting this off for some time, but because it is raining and gloomy I thought I would ask this now. My HP Pavilion Notebook ha two physical drives. A 2tb Hard Disk Drive and a CD/DVD. They are obviously working as I can power up and use the...
  6. Missing DVD/CD-ROM odyssey

Missing DVD/CD-ROM odyssey: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 (version 1903). In "This pc", my E:/ (the place for CDs and DVDs, etc.), didn't work. Now the "DVD/CD-ROM" drive doesn't even show up on the "Device manager". Please help! It's being an odyssey trying to fix it! So far I have done the following...
  7. Missing DVD/CD-ROM odyssey

Missing DVD/CD-ROM odyssey: Hi, I'm running Windows 10. In "This pc", my E:/ the place for CDs and DVDs, etc., didn't work. Now the "DVD/CD-ROM" drive doesn't even show up on the "Device manager". Please help! It's being an odyssey trying to fix it! So far I have done the following...
  8. Recording to CD's and DVD's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording to CD's and DVD's: I cannot store any files on CD's or DVD's . I have many old photos audio recordings and films which I would like to clean up and edit but I find it impossable because I cannot burn the files back on to discs....
  9. Installing from cd/dvd software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing from cd/dvd software: I have a Surface Go and would like to install software from CD/DVD format. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-from-cddvd-software/518308be-9cd0-48ce-b02c-755c31c1a14f"
  10. Missing CD/DVD driver

Missing CD/DVD driver: I use an old Dell laptop. After I updated to Windows 10 latest update my CD ROM ceased to function. I had recently installed software, then upgraded, then it will no longer work. So after looking online I deleted cdrom.sys, thinking the system would detect this missing...