Windows 10: DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer

Discus and support DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've been through very painful process of re-formating my microSD-card by using Windows standard tools, such as diskmgmt.msc and DISKPART... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jimmy Bionic, Jul 13, 2021.

1. DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer

Hi everyone, I've been through very painful process of re-formating my microSD-card by using Windows standard tools, such as diskmgmt.msc and DISKPART utilities. Unfortunately, re-formating has failed a few times in a row because the card is protected or damaged or whatever checking it with chkdsk I: /x /r does not complete too. Nonetheless, the question I have to ask here relates to my other DVD/CD-ROM drive. Because once I've finished fiddling with my microSD-card and rebooting my computer, I've noticed some slight change in the view of my Windows Explorer. Seemingly, the letter E:,

:)

Jimmy Bionic, Jul 13, 2021

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jul 13, 2021
  3. DVD drive missing from File Explorer

The panel to the left in Disk management shows " CD-ROM 0 with the new drive letter underneath but File Explore still does not list the drive. The panel to the right in Disk Management is blank.

WilliamMoberg1, Jul 13, 2021
  4. mikelori5 Win User

DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer

Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

mikelori5, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer

1. DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - DVD ROM drive

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. CD/DVD-Rom not showing in Windows explorer

CD/DVD-Rom not showing in Windows explorer: My built in CD/DVD drive on my laptop is not showing up in Windows explorer I've tried fixing it in Device manager following instructions online , but nothing seems to work. When I check for driver updates, a Windows message states that the best driver for this device is...
  4. DVD/CD-ROM drive

DVD/CD-ROM drive: After Win 10 ran update on 31 May 2020, my DVD/CD-ROM drive disappeared from My PC devices. It runs if I insert a disc, but it doesn't play. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  5. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  6. DVD/CD Rom Drive

DVD/CD Rom Drive: I have a game on a DVD in my DVD ROM Drive & want to transfer the game to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-drive/4534f767-eea6-4a7f-8bd2-379797ff54ec
  7. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  8. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...
  9. DVD-ROM Drive has a CD driver installed

DVD-ROM Drive has a CD driver installed: Hello! I have a pc running Windows 10 and I have a dvd rom drive that won't read dvds or cds. I tried multiple different discs, yet all of them didn't work. I decided to go to the Device Manager and see what was the problem; I had a cd driver installed. That was really a...
  10. cd rom/dvd drive error

cd rom/dvd drive error: This message coming up after windows 10 update for the dvd disk drive, Also won't come up on the device list either. Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that...