Windows 10: DVD/CD Rom Drive

Discus and support DVD/CD Rom Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a game on a DVD in my DVD ROM Drive & want to transfer the game to my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cecelia E.Van Antwerp, Jul 21, 2019.

1. DVD/CD Rom Drive

I have a game on a DVD in my DVD ROM Drive & want to transfer the game to my computer?

:)

Cecelia E.Van Antwerp, Jul 21, 2019

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Cd Rom / Dvd Writer

Hi,

I have both Samsung CD ROM & LG DVD Writer(Both are internal). Since some days CD ROM is getting opened and trying to get closed all by its own.

I removed the power cord of CD ROM & again connected. This time it is not showing both the drives. It is showing only 1 drive and if i right click on that drive and select eject, both the drives are getting opened.

Is it anything related to virus? Do i need to install OS once again.

Pls Suggest

psreekant10, Jul 21, 2019
  4. DVD/CD Rom Drive

cd dvd rom drive error 0x800706BE

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to un-install/re-install the DVD device driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Uninstall.

• Once you are done un-installing the driver restart the computer, it will automatically install the generic device driver.
    If the issue still persist, try updating DVD/ CD-ROM drives
    and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Update.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the DVD/ CD-ROM drives manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/ CD-ROM drives driver and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 you try install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

DVD/CD Rom Drive

1. DVD/CD Rom Drive - Similar Threads - DVD Rom Drive

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. dvd/cd-rom

dvd/cd-rom: Ever since 2/4/21 I have not been able to use my disc drive. Says operating normal but it wont open and I can hear it spinning. Have got a lot of error codes,,,, 2, 7023, 642, 257, 7030,215, 318,10010, 1534, 10002,...
  4. DVD/CD-ROM drive

DVD/CD-ROM drive: After Win 10 ran update on 31 May 2020, my DVD/CD-ROM drive disappeared from My PC devices. It runs if I insert a disc, but it doesn't play. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  5. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  6. DVD CD/rom

DVD CD/rom: DVD player not downloading program. Info says its working properly but it aint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-cdrom/e62e51e6-54ed-4c70-b2b2-be00e465b118
  7. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  8. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...
  9. cd rom/dvd drive error

cd rom/dvd drive error: This message coming up after windows 10 update for the dvd disk drive, Also won't come up on the device list either. Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that...
  10. DVD/CD rom

DVD/CD rom: My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvdcd-rom/dc8fdc32-ac8b-4d00-8a14-953fe64eb3f6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CD rom e Dvd rom