Windows 10: DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc. Driver not found at all.

Discus and support DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc. Driver not found at all. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried ALL of the suggested fixes and my DVD/CD-ROM does not appear anywhere. One fix said to try TROUBLESHOOTING the Hardware & Sound or Devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LisaLayne2, Oct 28, 2020.

1. DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc. Driver not found at all.

I have tried ALL of the suggested fixes and my DVD/CD-ROM does not appear anywhere.
    One fix said to try TROUBLESHOOTING the Hardware & Sound or Devices - This does not exist in my troubleshooting options. There is NO Hardware/Sound and or Devices CATEGORY at all listed in troubleshooting. All other categories are there. See photos below.

Somehow the DRIVER to my DVD/CD-ROM has been removed.
    It is connected and gets power. It will open, I can insert a disc and close it. It spins for a few seconds but no window opens.

This happened once before with a Windows update, but I was able to fix it with the suggested fixes. This time, none work.

Where/HOW can I get a new driver to download to fix it!????

Details:
    Toshiba Satellite P775-S7100
    Windows 10 64 bit DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc.  Driver not found at all. e5701fac-34ee-4e86-ba89-6ac2f8ecae27?upload=true.jpg DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc.  Driver not found at all. 5ad5fe6f-2f06-4e8d-bae3-3c09f355ad34?upload=true.jpg

:)

LisaLayne2, Oct 28, 2020

2. DVD/CD-ROM not in Device Manager

Hello everyone! I have googled this all over the place and there are all sorts of issues with DVD / CD-ROM players no longer being recognized but I haven't come across the same problem I'm having.

I upgraded to Windows 10 64bit from Windows 7 64bit. One day while I was transferring data from my SSD boot drive to my HDD storage drive everything locked up, I got an error message (that I didn't save) and all of a sudden my HDD was no longer visible in My Computer. I ran into all sorts of issues following this and believed that something had corrupted during the data transfer so I opted to disconnect my HDD and do a fresh install of windows with a format on my SSD.

Everything was working well until one day the same thing happened with my DVD/CR-ROM drive, it just disappeared from My Computer. I went to install / check for updated drivers in Device Manager and I believe I clicked uninstall by mistake.

Now when I look at Device Manager there is not even a DVD/CD-ROM option (menu spot for it).

I have included screenshots to show the problem:

DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc.  Driver not found at all. [​IMG]

Above: So here you can see My Computer, there is my SSD Boot drive but the DVD / CD-ROM is not there

DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc.  Driver not found at all. [​IMG]

Above: The DVD / CD-ROM drive does not show up in Disk Management, I've tried rescanning drives, refresh, nothing. (As an aside, what are those unnamed disks???)

Above: Device Manger, there is not even an option to view DVD / CD-ROM drives.

Above: Device Manager - Show Hidden Devices - still no luck.

Above: Regedit - A fix I saw was to check this registry for UpperFilters and LowerFilters both of which were not there so I didn't touch anything here.

So far I have done the following troubleshooting:

Turned off the PC and unplugged the CD/DVD drive from the Sata Port. Restarted the PC and loaded windows. Shut off the PC again and re-connected the CD/DVD drive.

When I started the PC back up I entered BIOS and the drive shows up under Sata Port 2 like it should:
    ASUS DVD RAM GH75N

There is power to the drive, it opens and closes and if I put a disk in it spins up.

So this leads me to believe the drive is ok and the cable / port are good as it's being recognized.

I think my biggest concern is not being able to see a menu in Device Manager for DVD/CD-ROM drives. I'm not sure how it got removed or how to get it back.

I'm going to try and contact ASUS to see if they have specific drivers for this drive meant for Windows 10.

If anyone has some tips on what I can do that would be great! Thanks for reading this far DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc.  Driver not found at all. :)

Appocalipse, Oct 28, 2020
  3. DVD/CD Rom missing from device manager

I booted Windows 7 off a DVD. It worked just fine. It's definitely a driver issue. The problem is that nothing will detect the CD ROM drive so it can be updated. It's as if it doesn't exist in my system.

autigerfan, Oct 28, 2020
  4. DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc. Driver not found at all.

DVD/CD Rom missing from device manager

Install driver for your chipset.

jagjitnatt, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc. Driver not found at all.

1. DVD/CD-ROM no longer exists in device manager, windows, etc. Driver not found at all. - Similar Threads - DVD ROM longer

2. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  3. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  4. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CD/DVD Rom

CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  6. dvd/cd-rom

dvd/cd-rom: Ever since 2/4/21 I have not been able to use my disc drive. Says operating normal but it wont open and I can hear it spinning. Have got a lot of error codes,,,, 2, 7023, 642, 257, 7030,215, 318,10010, 1534, 10002,...
  7. DVD/CD-ROM

DVD/CD-ROM: windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/2ea72ae2-a716-44c5-86f7-a654e1dd0074
  8. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  9. DVD/CD ROM DRIVER

DVD/CD ROM DRIVER: How do I update my driver to read karaoke CDG's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-driver/0a739b2f-5f69-4c52-80a2-67b08130a7f0
  10. DVD/CD-ROM not in Device Manager

DVD/CD-ROM not in Device Manager: Hello everyone! I have googled this all over the place and there are all sorts of issues with DVD / CD-ROM players no longer being recognized but I haven't come across the same problem I'm having. I upgraded to Windows 10 64bit from Windows 7 64bit. One day while I was...