Windows 10: dvd/CD rom not reading

Discus and support dvd/CD rom not reading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Busy beEeE, Aug 23, 2020.

1. dvd/CD rom not reading

operating system : win 10 64 bit

dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0

device status: This device is working properly

i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs

i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD

I DID SEARCH FOR AUTOMATIC UPDATES online for drivers: the best drivers for your device are already installed

i updated windows still not reading discs

:)

Busy beEeE, Aug 23, 2020

2. My cd rom can't read my cd's/dvd's

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would recommend you to manually update DVD/CD-ROM driver from the
    Device Manager.

Step 1: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Search for DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

• Right click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.

• Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
      Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check if it works.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 23, 2020
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

dvd/CD rom not reading

CD/DVD Rom isn't playing

Hi,

Your concern about the CD/DVD ROM (Read-only memory) drive of your device can be due to software (device driver) and/or hardware issues. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on any CD or DVD.
    • If you're able to see the CD/DVD drive in File Explorer.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using in your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend checking this
    link
    to know more about the steps in resolving CD/DVD drive issues.

Note: The steps are posted under the Resolution section of the link.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

dvd/CD rom not reading

1. dvd/CD rom not reading - Similar Threads - dvd rom reading

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  4. dvd/cd-rom

dvd/cd-rom: Ever since 2/4/21 I have not been able to use my disc drive. Says operating normal but it wont open and I can hear it spinning. Have got a lot of error codes,,,, 2, 7023, 642, 257, 7030,215, 318,10010, 1534, 10002,...
  5. DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms

DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms: My Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H installed in Asus laptop N55S running windows 10 Home is not recognizing my old Cd's. It shows the message that I should insert a disk. Any help is highly appreciated....
  6. DVD/CD-ROM

DVD/CD-ROM: windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/2ea72ae2-a716-44c5-86f7-a654e1dd0074
  7. DVD CD/rom

DVD CD/rom: DVD player not downloading program. Info says its working properly but it aint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-cdrom/e62e51e6-54ed-4c70-b2b2-be00e465b118
  8. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  9. DVD/CD rom

DVD/CD rom: My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvdcd-rom/dc8fdc32-ac8b-4d00-8a14-953fe64eb3f6
  10. DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems

DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems: Hi: I have just come across a funny one. I have a program that I wanted to install into my Win 10 Pro Machine (64 Bit) and have found that the disk can not be read by the DVD/CD-ROM Drive. I also tried it in another Windows 10 Computer (64 Bit) and it also can't read...