Windows 10: DVD/CD-ROM

Discus and support DVD/CD-ROM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/2ea72ae2-a716-44c5-86f7-a654e1dd0074 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fred GraceLang, Jul 31, 2020.

1. DVD/CD-ROM

windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM

:)

Fred GraceLang, Jul 31, 2020

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Cd Rom / Dvd Writer

Hi,

I have both Samsung CD ROM & LG DVD Writer(Both are internal). Since some days CD ROM is getting opened and trying to get closed all by its own.

I removed the power cord of CD ROM & again connected. This time it is not showing both the drives. It is showing only 1 drive and if i right click on that drive and select eject, both the drives are getting opened.

Is it anything related to virus? Do i need to install OS once again.

Pls Suggest

psreekant10, Jul 31, 2020
  4. DVD/CD-ROM

My cd rom can't read my cd's/dvd's

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would recommend you to manually update DVD/CD-ROM driver from the
    Device Manager.

Step 1: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Search for DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

• Right click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.

• Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
      Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check if it works.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

DVD/CD-ROM

1. DVD/CD-ROM - Similar Threads - DVD ROM

2. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  3. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  4. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...: Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-home-is-installed-a-win11-pro-dvd-is-bought/8f7a385f-83b3-46de-86a7-92aa653fb2d0
  6. Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...

Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...: Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-home-is-installed-a-win11-pro-dvd-is-bought/8f7a385f-83b3-46de-86a7-92aa653fb2d0
  7. Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC: Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-external-dvd-cd-rom-for-a-hp-s01/08972ef9-3217-421c-93fb-8ad9f417475e
  8. Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC

Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC: Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-external-dvd-cd-rom-for-a-hp-s01/08972ef9-3217-421c-93fb-8ad9f417475e
  9. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom: Hello,I have a HP Eliitedesk 800 G1 tower that runs Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 22H2 is fully up to date, I am having the following issue with GTC2N find that windows 10 cannot find the CD Rom it is not listed in explorer, have removed the 2 entries from Device manger but...
  10. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom: Hello,I have a HP Eliitedesk 800 G1 tower that runs Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 22H2 is fully up to date, I am having the following issue with GTC2N find that windows 10 cannot find the CD Rom it is not listed in explorer, have removed the 2 entries from Device manger but...