Windows 10: DVD/CD-ROM

Discus and support DVD/CD-ROM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/2ea72ae2-a716-44c5-86f7-a654e1dd0074 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fred GraceLang, Jul 31, 2020.

1. DVD/CD-ROM

windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM

:)

Fred GraceLang, Jul 31, 2020

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Cd Rom / Dvd Writer

Hi,

I have both Samsung CD ROM & LG DVD Writer(Both are internal). Since some days CD ROM is getting opened and trying to get closed all by its own.

I removed the power cord of CD ROM & again connected. This time it is not showing both the drives. It is showing only 1 drive and if i right click on that drive and select eject, both the drives are getting opened.

Is it anything related to virus? Do i need to install OS once again.

Pls Suggest

psreekant10, Jul 31, 2020
  4. DVD/CD-ROM

My cd rom can't read my cd's/dvd's

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would recommend you to manually update DVD/CD-ROM driver from the
    Device Manager.

Step 1: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Search for DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

• Right click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.

• Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
      Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check if it works.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

DVD/CD-ROM

1. DVD/CD-ROM - Similar Threads - DVD ROM

2. DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms: My Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H installed in Asus laptop N55S running windows 10 Home is not recognizing my old Cd's. It shows the message that I should insert a disk. Any help is highly appreciated....
  3. HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom DVD - HP CDDVDW...

HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom DVD - HP CDDVDW...: Problem: HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom Unclear when the problem first occurred. I had not used or tested CD-Rom drive for months. Drive F: Description CD-ROM Drive internal Media Loaded No Media Type DVD...
  4. DVD/CD ROM not working after Windows 10 upgrade HL-DT-ST BDD VDRW CT30F

DVD/CD ROM not working after Windows 10 upgrade HL-DT-ST BDD VDRW CT30F: I have dfw/cd-rom drive HL-DT-ST BDDDVDRW CT30F on a Toshiba Laptop. The DVD is inop upon upgrade to Windows 10. I have uninstalled it, rebooted, updated the driver all to no avail. The error message says; Windows cannot start this hardware device because its...
  5. Troubles Creating Virtual DVD/CD-Rom On Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Troubles Creating Virtual DVD/CD-Rom On Windows 10 Pro: For several days I have been trying to create a virtual DVD/CD-Rom that is active/visible 24/7 in windows explorer even if there isn't anything mounted to it, the same way I have done for years... up until the dreaded move from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Pro). Nothing works....
  6. DVD/CD-ROM drive

DVD/CD-ROM drive: After Win 10 ran update on 31 May 2020, my DVD/CD-ROM drive disappeared from My PC devices. It runs if I insert a disc, but it doesn't play. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  7. "This app has been blocked for security reasons" on DVD-ROM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This app has been blocked for security reasons" on DVD-ROM?: Hi, I have a DVD-ROM of the game Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which I wanted to play again: "This app was blocked for security reasons" (as you can see on the picture). What I was trying to do: via CMD (with F:\ -> AutoRun.exe and F:\AutoRun.exe)...
  8. DVD/CD-ROM DRIVER , Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code...

DVD/CD-ROM DRIVER , Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code...: My laptop model is Lenovo G500. Recently, I am unable to play cd's in my system. The folder is not appearing in file explorer and when I have checked the same in device manager it is showing the message as stated.."Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  9. DVD/CD ROM DRIVER DELETED IN MY LAPTOP HOW TO FIX

DVD/CD ROM DRIVER DELETED IN MY LAPTOP HOW TO FIX: While uninstalling a CD burning program, I accidentally deleted the CD/DVD drive rom?. The icon for the drive is now gone from the My Computer screen. Now I can not use any discs, so I can not re-install the operating system either. How to fix I have a Lenovo G500 LAPTOP...
  10. DVD Rom not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD Rom not working: Hi, My DVD player on my HP laptop windows 10 OS is not working. At least, it's not working like it used to when I popped in a DVD, the player opened up, I click on it and the DVD started. No problem. Now, I just hear clicking and a pop up opens and asks me if I want to...