Windows 10: DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

Discus and support DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to windows 10 my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading. 2. when I click to dvd drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yunus, Sep 11, 2015.

1. yunus Win User

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

Since I upgraded to windows 10 my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading.
    2. when I click to dvd drive , appears a dialoge box stating "Insert Disk" . So I am unable to use and cd to read/install any of my software. Also I have consult with a lot of people, they are also having the same problem.
    I went into Device Manager and it show this device is working, the drivers show 2006.
    3. consider my problem and do the favour, please.

:)

yunus, Sep 11, 2015

2. My DVD Player disappeared after windows 10 upgrade

I have been trying to find a solution to my CD DVD Rom has disapeared. I am begining to think this is a registger problem. This may be stupid but this is what I did. Of course I tried a new drives first - no results.

So here is what I did I typed in as you instructed this

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Windows 10 in device manager correctly identified the drive which is IHAS 124-14 this by model number.

The drive which is not recognized is this Lite-On 24x Sata internal DVD+/-RW Drive Optical Drive iHAS 124-14. It worked since April, then disapeared POOF.

Windows 10 assumed the drive I requested in windows regristry is an ATAPI. Naturally is does not read a DVD disk. The lite turned on when a disk was put in the drive - and then turned off. MY DRIVE IS A SATA. I have looked and looked can find no reference
    to a registry entry for SATA.

Do you have the registry entry for a SATA CD DVD drive. I think I will then have a solution. I said I think.

Ben Lamfers, Sep 11, 2015
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Cannot write to my DVD/CD ROM in Windows 10 but can read a DVD with content on it. Please help!

If a disk is not in the drive and you click the drive it will ask for media.

On the left pane right click the drive, properties, it should show "0" on both.

Insert a dvd or cd into the drive and see if it reads the contents, the drive should

show the media or if blank the empty size.

Win10 does not have a media player, vlc is a good free one.

Imgburn is good for creating some types of disks ( little

bit of a learning curve).

What interface does the drive use, usb sata or other.

If usb this could be a power management issue.

Win10 does have some basic disk burning abilities .

Other thing to check is device manager, expand dvd/cd rom drives and see if

the drive is listed.

kjl1956, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

1. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks - Similar Threads - DVD SATA drive

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB CD / DVD drive keeps ejecting disks - won't read

USB CD / DVD drive keeps ejecting disks - won't read: I've tried every thing I've found while searching, so maybe someone has a new idea... I have Surface Pro 4 with docking station. The DVD drive is LG AP70NS50. Same behavior whether connected to dock or directly to the Surface's USB port. Inserting disk will spin up, but...
  6. SATA CD drive

SATA CD drive: my HP desktop will not recognize the sata CD drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-cd-drive/5d6da69b-7d11-4954-9b7a-93a26cb3fb09
  7. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...
  8. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  9. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...
  10. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since upgrading my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading and than the drive opens and the pop up box appears stating "Insert Disk" . So I cannot install any of my software. I have read that a lot of people are having the same...