Windows 10: dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10

Discus and support dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; dvd,cd will not read or write after upgrading to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveDawley, Oct 12, 2019.

1. dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10

dvd,cd will not read or write after upgrading to windows 10

:)

DaveDawley, Oct 12, 2019

2. Unable to write to DVD/CDs after windows 10 upgrade

Tried what has been suggested but still cannot write to CD/DVDs. OK reading CD/DVDs

Pete

PeterCorker, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Read Write Broken CD/DVD Functions.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Suggest you to completely reinstall the cd/dvd driver and check if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see cd/dvd rom drive.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
    option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 12, 2019
  4. dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10

CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK

I am running AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.1Ghz with NVidia GeForce GT730 graphic card and my CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs. When a DVD is inserted the drive runs for a minute or more and then I get an error message either "insert the
    disc and try again" or "no media"!

The drive reads and writes to CDs OK! I do not use DVDs very often. Usually only to download software and burn to disc for installation. I have not needed to to that for some months, so I do not know when this fault developed.

Is it possible that a Windows update changed the setting and disabled the DVD part of the drive? If that is the case, perhaps the best option is to wait in hope that this problem will be resolved in a later update.

Needless to say, any suggestions would be most welcome.

Best regards,

Alex.

AlexanderHamilton2, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10

1. dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10 - Similar Threads - dvd won' read

2. Error writing to CD/DVD drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error writing to CD/DVD drive.: Hi,I'm running an HP 250 G6 laptop. The CD/DVD drive is happy reading discs but I can't write either a CD or a DVD.I'm running Windows 10 21H2.The issue is I so rarely burn discs, that I've no idea when this started but all attempts get a "Write Failure". I have read that...
  3. DVD/CD Drive not showing in Control Panel Reads but Will Not Write

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD Drive not showing in Control Panel Reads but Will Not Write: Quite suddenly my DELL XPS has failed to Write any DVD or CD's it Reads, but will not allow FORMAT or WRITE. In searching I find that my DELL HL-DT-STDVD+RW shows up in Device Manager but is not found in Control Panel under Devices and Printers or anywhere else? In Explorer...
  4. Cheap External CD/DVD drive with quickish read/write

Cheap External CD/DVD drive with quickish read/write: I've searched this website and Google to try and find a cd/dvd drive that is not too expensive but has quickish read/write speeds. I have a new laptop which does not have a built-in cd/dvd. I have bought an external blu-ray/dvd/cd drive but when using EAC to make a copy of...
  5. dvd/CD rom not reading

dvd/CD rom not reading: operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD I DID SEARCH FOR...
  6. Cannot write to DVD/CD-Rom

Cannot write to DVD/CD-Rom: Running the latest version of Windows 10. Not sure when this occurred as I don't write to the DVD-CD-Rom drive often. I created the DVD as read/write data to be used similar to a flash drive back in 2017.. I can read the files on the drive, but I cannot copy files from the...
  7. Can't read CD/DVD

Can't read CD/DVD: Wanted to write some series of the Prison Break to a DVD-R 1x-16 4.7 GB/120min and i did it in my new PC. The disk is created for a laptop wich has a MATHSITA DVD-RAM UJ88D1 reader/writer. I have some other same type of disks with other series from the Prison Break and when I...
  8. cd/dvd not reading/writing

cd/dvd not reading/writing: I have a hp notebook series 2000 laptop and my computer recognizes drive E as the cd/dvd drive and opens tray and says please insert disc. but when a disc is inserted it still tells me to insert disc. I've tried a few different brands and none of them are registering and...
  9. CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK

CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK: I am running AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.1Ghz with NVidia GeForce GT730 graphic card and my CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs. When a DVD is inserted the drive runs for a minute or more and then I get an error message either "insert the disc and try again"...
  10. DVD rom is not reading CD/DVD after installing windows 10 home

DVD rom is not reading CD/DVD after installing windows 10 home: My DVD writer is not working in my ASUS X555L laptop after upgrade to win 10. It is only reading Eset software CD and not reading any other CD or DVD. What would be the problem? A drivers problem? Can any one help me please........