Windows 10: DVD/CD won't work

Discus and support DVD/CD won't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having some problems with running dvds on my computer lately. It's a Windows 10 Asus laptop. In the past month I have tried inserting two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xiin, Jul 14, 2018.

1. xiin Win User

DVD/CD won't work

I've been having some problems with running dvds on my computer lately. It's a Windows 10 Asus laptop.

In the past month I have tried inserting two discs into my computer; neither have worked. One was a movie and the other was a video game. The only other disc I can remember inserting was something to allow wireless printing; which worked.

Whether a disc has been inserted or not, this message appears:

DVD/CD won't work d8ab6e747771f3b5d89a69f1115895d0.png

It then ejects the drive (or whatever it's called, I forgot the proper name). Again, this is regardless of whether a disc is in it or not. I've tried looking for solutions but none have worked as of yet. Not quite sure about what to do here.

Any help would be appreciated DVD/CD won't work :)

:)

2. dvd player don`t work

I just upgraded to windows 10 .my dvd player on my hp 2000 laptop won`t play cd`s or dvd`s .also I can not play videos on facebook or youtube.

k.p.harris, Jul 14, 2018
  3. PCR Just PCR, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Joosujin Win User

DVD/CD won't work

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

DVD/CD won't work

1. DVD/CD won't work - Similar Threads - DVD won't

2. Repair DVD loaded Windows 10 PRO over Home edition. System won't acknowledge key acquired...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair DVD loaded Windows 10 PRO over Home edition. System won't acknowledge key acquired...: Had corrupted BIOS and used an older repair Windows 10 DVD that automatically loaded PRO over HOME edition. Purchased a newer repair DVD and tried to load Home edition. The Key that I obtained using the wmic PRODUCTKEY command would not work. What are my options and related...
  3. Repair DVD loaded Windows 10 PRO over Home edition. System won't acknowledge key acquired...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair DVD loaded Windows 10 PRO over Home edition. System won't acknowledge key acquired...: Had corrupted BIOS and used an older repair Windows 10 DVD that automatically loaded PRO over HOME edition. Purchased a newer repair DVD and tried to load Home edition. The Key that I obtained using the wmic PRODUCTKEY command would not work. What are my options and related...
  4. Repair DVD loaded Windows 10 PRO over Home edition. System won't acknowledge key acquired...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. A Sony Recorder DVD Won't Download on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Sony Recorder DVD Won't Download on Windows 11: Hello,I have a DVD that's about 10 to 15 years old that comes with my mini Sony Voice Recorder, which I use for work. Today, I tried to download the DVD to a new Windows 11 laptop and the message below popped up. I don't understand why because I'm able to download the same...
  6. A Sony Recorder DVD Won't Download on Windows 11

A Sony Recorder DVD Won't Download on Windows 11: Hello,I have a DVD that's about 10 to 15 years old that comes with my mini Sony Voice Recorder, which I use for work. Today, I tried to download the DVD to a new Windows 11 laptop and the message below popped up. I don't understand why because I'm able to download the same...
  7. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.: Roofull A41-su, cd dvd player won't recognize DVD-R, works great on CD's.*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roofull-cd-dvd-player-works-on-cds-but-wont-read/6e352226-c0f5-4b99-8fb7-85985cf5203d
  8. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.: Roofull A41-su, cd dvd player won't recognize DVD-R, works great on CD's.*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roofull-cd-dvd-player-works-on-cds-but-wont-read/6e352226-c0f5-4b99-8fb7-85985cf5203d
  9. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

10. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...