Windows 10: DVD/CDROM drive won't recognize blank CD-R in disk tray Windows 10

Discus and support DVD/CDROM drive won't recognize blank CD-R in disk tray Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know this question has been floated around the internet for a long time with 100's of remedies but still can't figure out what is going wrong. My Hp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dberkoski, Apr 4, 2019.

1. dberkoski Win User

DVD/CDROM drive won't recognize blank CD-R in disk tray Windows 10

I know this question has been floated around the internet for a long time with 100's of remedies but still can't figure out what is going wrong. My Hp Desktop computer won't recognize that I have a blank CD-R in the tray. I put the same blank cds into my Hp laptop and they read just fine. The Hp desktop does read other cd's just not blank ones.

The laptop shows an (EDVD/CDROM drive won't recognize blank CD-R in disk tray Windows 10 :) drive and the desktop shows a (DDVD/CDROM drive won't recognize blank CD-R in disk tray Windows 10 :) drive I don't know if that matters or not I've pretty much tried everything. It keeps telling me to insert a disk into the DVD tray but the blank CD-R is already in the tray.

If anyone has any suggestions I appreciate any feedback,

thank you.

:)

dberkoski, Apr 4, 2019

2. CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

DVD/CDROM drive won't recognize blank CD-R in disk tray Windows 10 [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, Apr 4, 2019
  3. ChuckyA Win User
    blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

I’m running windows 10. In the past I’ve burned slides and videos onto blank DVD –R discs using Explorer and NERO. I’ve also burned slides onto CD-R discs. Now, for no apparent reason, neither of my 2 DVD drives will recognize a blank DVD-R disc. I’ve
    used blank SONY discs (which have been problematic in the past) and Verbatim discs with AZO backing (which have always worked flawlessly in the past) in both drives yet neither drive recognizes either disc. I’ve made the following recommended registry changes,
    none of which resolved the problem:

• Remove DVD devices and allow pnp to reinstall
    • In registry, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    remove upper filters and lower filters

• In registry, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0
    change Enum Device 1 to 1

• Services > Shell Hardware Detection set to auto (already was auto)
    The only recent change made to this machine was the replacement of a PS2 mouse and keyboard with a wireless mouse and keyboard (I can’t check to see if this was the source of the problem as the PS2 mouse and keyboard have been discarded

ChuckyA, Apr 4, 2019
  4. RMS_123 Win User

DVD R/W drive only reads data and music CDs and not DVDs

I tried steps 1 through 5 listed in this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-program

The DVD R/W drive is in a Dell XPS 8300 PC and this morning I ran Dell Support Assist.

The built in drive self test passed as well as the CD Rom test. Could not complete the DVD tests because it doesn't recognize that I inserted a DVD.

RMS_123, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. DVD/CDROM drive won't recognize blank CD-R in disk tray Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD CDROM drive

2. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...
  3. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...
  4. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD: I have two Dell desktops, each was able to format and burn files to CD's and DVD's previously. Neither will do so now. I have tried deleting the drives and rebooting but problem still remains. I can do both operations on a Dell laptop with external burner. If I format a CD or...
  6. Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD: I have two Dell desktops, each was able to format and burn files to CD's and DVD's previously. Neither will do so now. I have tried deleting the drives and rebooting but problem still remains. I can do both operations on a Dell laptop with external burner. If I format a CD or...
  7. Windows 10 will not recognize blank CD or DVD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.: my new computeronly 2 weeks old will not see my cd/dvd player. i have tried several different disk and rebooted the computer but still no recognizing the drive...
  9. DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs: I am running Microsoft 10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop that is 2 years old. All software and drivers are current. In the last week I've made about 20 discs with family videos. I ran out of DVDs and bought a spindle of 50 DVDs of the exact same brand/type (SONY DVD-R 120 min/4/7...
  10. CD/DVD drive not recognized

CD/DVD drive not recognized: I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade to Windows 8. My Dell laptop does not see the DVD drive. I had no success getting the drive to work in Windows 8 and (maybe of course) it doesnt see it now. This seems to be a common problem I have tried numerous fixes but have not had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont recognise blank cd

2. cannot burn disk windows 10

3. windows 10 detect blank cd-r