Windows 10: Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer

Discus and support Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My DVD drive shows in File Explorer and in properties the disc shows as being almost full. However I am unable to see the contents of the disc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidAtkins4, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer

Hi

My DVD drive shows in File Explorer and in properties the disc shows as being almost full. However I am unable to see the contents of the disc.

:)

DavidAtkins4, Feb 3, 2019
  2. debdedoos Win User
    debdedoos, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer

playing a DVD on PC with Windows 10

Hi,

In order for us to determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to clarify the following:

• What happens when you try to play a DVD?

• Did you try a different DVD?

• Did you get any error messages?

• Are you able to see the content of DVD on the file explorer?

• What is the file format of the files inside the DVD?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer

1. Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer - Similar Threads - Dvd Contents showing

2. File Explorer is not reading CD/DVD: files/content invisible UDF file system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer is not reading CD/DVD: files/content invisible UDF file system: The File Explorer on my computer is not reading the files on my DVD/CD-ROM. The DVD/CD-ROM drive is working fine. Other CDs work ok. This CD, there are no files listed, shows "0 items". Right click on properties show file system is UDF and about 28MB used space. Right...
  3. CD/DVD does not show up in the File Explorer list

CD/DVD does not show up in the File Explorer list: I ran into this problem with my new Windows 10 desktop, and I was wondering if the system really came with a CD/DVD drive or not! I brought up 'This PC' and it was listed, but not in Explorer. After reading all the very involved, and complicated 'answers', none of which...
  4. no cd\dvd in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no cd\dvd in file explorer: file explorer no showing cd\dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cddvd-in-file-explorer/8b78080c-70ab-47be-a862-4a7f233c59fa
  5. File Explorer and formatting DVD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer and formatting DVD: In my desktop Win10Pro, 1909, 18363.693, File Explorer recognizes and will format a blank DVD/CD 700MB disk. It doesn't recognize and therefore won't format a 4.7GB disk. Can anyone point me to the likely cause of this? Thank you. PMR...
  6. File Explorer Search for File Content

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search for File Content: I wanted to share this information with others because I have not seen it provided. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and I found that when I did a file search in file explorer, I could not find files based on a search of a word in the text of the file's content. I...
  7. File Explorer doesn't search on file contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't search on file contents: I can't get File Explorer to search on file contents using Windows 10 Pro. I have checked all the search settings I am aware of without success....
  8. DVD with APRESO content

DVD with APRESO content: I have an old DVD . When i try to run it on my system, it displays the following: After performing a check of your system, it has been determined that you must make the following adjustments to view this Apreso as intended by the creator: Required Component Your...
  9. CD/DVD icon not showing in Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    CD/DVD icon not showing in Windows File Explorer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At one time, Floppy drives, CDs and DVDs used to be a primary source of external storage for many, before USB storage devices took over. Nowadays, many devices do not even come with a built-in CD or DVD writer or [...] This post CD/DVD icon not showing in...
  10. CD/DVD not showing on file explorer

CD/DVD not showing on file explorer: I noticed that on my W10 build, that the cd/dvd (Drive D: in my case) does not show on file explorer. However if I put a blank disk or a disk with data, it will show. This behavior is different than Win7, which always shows the cd/dvd drive. Is this a problem or feature??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer shows no files on a recoreded dvd r

2. dvd r is not in file explorer

3. dvd contents not showing in file explorer

4. dvd does not show on file explorer,
  5. file explorer not displaying dvd contents,
  6. contents of dvd not showing in explorer,
  7. dvd content not showing in explorer