Windows 10: DVD disk drive icon/letter has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer.

Discus and support DVD disk drive icon/letter has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DVD disk drive icon/letter was "Local disk G:" has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer list. The DVD disk drive will not load any DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobNunn, May 31, 2021.

1. RobNunn Win User

DVD disk drive icon/letter has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer.

DVD disk drive icon/letter was "Local disk G:" has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer list. The DVD disk drive will not load any DVD content, using more than one good DVD. . This is a recent occurrence. Driver Update makes no difference to the problem

:)

RobNunn, May 31, 2021
  2. mikelori5 Win User

Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

mikelori5, May 31, 2021
  3. Windows 10 not finding my dvd drives

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to refer the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Disk Management.

• Right click on the DVD drive.

• Click on Change letter option.

• Click on Add button.

• And assign a letter to the DVD drive.
    After assigning the letter to the DVD drive, Open File Explorer and check.

You may also refer the following Microsoft help article and check

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 7 applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.
    Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 31, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. DVD disk drive icon/letter has disappeared from the Windows 10 File Explorer. - Similar Threads - DVD disk drive

2. Disappearing letters and Windows icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing letters and Windows icons: HiI recently got this Inspiron 5570 with Win 10 64Bit 8GB RAM, from around 2018, reset it, installed all available Windows Updates and Dell drivers & software via SupportAssist. Before that, I changed to a 120GB SSD as it was considerably faster than the original HDD. After a...
  3. Every icon has disappeared from my desktop and file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every icon has disappeared from my desktop and file explorer: Just started my day and I'm greeted with this. Does anyone know how to fix this? I’m on Windows11 21H2 and I’ve never seen anything like this before. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Every icon has disappeared from my desktop and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every icon has disappeared from my desktop and file explorer: Just started my day and I'm greeted with this. Does anyone know how to fix this? I’m on Windows11 21H2 and I’ve never seen anything like this before. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD/CD-ROM drive letter has disappeared from the left panel of Windows Explorer: Hi everyone, I've been through very painful process of re-formating my microSD-card by using Windows standard tools, such as diskmgmt.msc and DISKPART utilities. Unfortunately, re-formating has failed a few times in a row because the card is protected or damaged or whatever...
  6. DVD drive has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive has disappeared: DVD drive no longer appears as a device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-has-disappeared/3d6e93f2-a2d3-490e-a40e-a467b68b617a
  7. DVD drive missing from File Explorer

DVD drive missing from File Explorer: After downloading an App, my D: DVD drive showed the app in the drive when I keyed on it. There was NO media in the drive. I pressed the eject button and the drive D: disappeared from the drive list. Device Manager shows the drive present and operating correctly with no error...
  8. DVD RW Drive Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD RW Drive Icon in File Explorer: Is there a settings option to have the DVD RW Drive letter appear in File Explorer when there is no DVD in the tray? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-icon-in-file-explorer/06448bf3-7f71-489b-9bee-c11ab85d0c99
  9. DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10

DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10: Really strange... I was using it this afternoon to burn some audio discs, and all of a sudden it has disappeared. It doesn't show up in File Explorer at all. Where might it have gone?????...
  10. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and overall I've been happy with it. However, I note one strange behavior: the File Explorer icon seems to disappear sometimes from the Taskbar. I created a Desktop shortcut for File Explorer, but when I right click on...