Windows 10: DVD disks

Discus and support DVD disks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After down loading all my 10 disks succesfully i was promted in insert game disk.is this disk 1 regards paul.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Paulio143, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Paulio143 Win User

DVD disks

After down loading all my 10 disks succesfully i was promted in insert game disk.is this disk 1 regards paul.

:)

Paulio143, Sep 19, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. DVD/ CD Drive doesn't recognise disks

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Check if the DVD drive is getting detected in Disk Management

Refer the steps below to open disc management:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Disk Management.
    • Click on Actions and click on rescan disks and click on
      Refresh and check if issue persists.
    If there is no drive letter assigned, I suggest you right click on the DVD drive and assign a drive letter and check if it helps:

Method 3

Try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

DVD disks

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

DVD disks

1. DVD disks - Similar Threads - DVD disks

2. Dvd install of win 11 home fails due to insufficient disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dvd install of win 11 home fails due to insufficient disk space: I have a new dvd installation of win 11 home. Im trying to install it on a ssd drive with 670GB of unallocated space on my laptop and I get the error of, not enough disk space. When I try to initialize tge drive, I get a 0xf2b4dc70 error that no jew partition was created. How...
  3. Dvd install of win 11 home fails due to insufficient disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dvd install of win 11 home fails due to insufficient disk space: I have a new dvd installation of win 11 home. Im trying to install it on a ssd drive with 670GB of unallocated space on my laptop and I get the error of, not enough disk space. When I try to initialize tge drive, I get a 0xf2b4dc70 error that no jew partition was created. How...
  4. Can I make the DVD version of Windows 11 work on my new PC somehow that doesn't have a disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I make the DVD version of Windows 11 work on my new PC somehow that doesn't have a disk...: Can I make the DVD version of Windows 11 work on my new PC somehow that doesn't have a disk drive? I purchased windows 11 from Newegg July 12th, and just now realized it was the DVD version, and they offer no return or refunds on it....
  5. Can I make the DVD version of Windows 11 work on my new PC somehow that doesn't have a disk...

Can I make the DVD version of Windows 11 work on my new PC somehow that doesn't have a disk...: Can I make the DVD version of Windows 11 work on my new PC somehow that doesn't have a disk drive? I purchased windows 11 from Newegg July 12th, and just now realized it was the DVD version, and they offer no return or refunds on it....
  6. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...
  7. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive: I have seen this problem listed for WIN7 and a few years ago for WIN10. This is July 2023. I used my DVD/CD drive to burn a blank CD disk with some information about 4-6 months ago. Now it keeps telling me there is no disc in the drive. I have tried 2-3 new disks. It reads...
  8. WIN10 won't recognize blank CD-R disk in the dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. SOLVED: CAN'T CHANGE DISK LETTER FOR CD/DVD DRIVES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SOLVED: CAN'T CHANGE DISK LETTER FOR CD/DVD DRIVES: Hi, This is more like an instructions post rather than a question. I've seen a lot of people having problems with this and i face one myself.On short, most people have a "virtual" CD drive in their pc because of Xbox. Even if you dont have a CD ROM in you pc, if you have...
  10. SOLVED: CAN'T CHANGE DISK LETTER FOR CD/DVD DRIVES

SOLVED: CAN'T CHANGE DISK LETTER FOR CD/DVD DRIVES: Hi, This is more like an instructions post rather than a question. I've seen a lot of people having problems with this and i face one myself.On short, most people have a "virtual" CD drive in their pc because of Xbox. Even if you dont have a CD ROM in you pc, if you have...