Windows 10: dvd does not playback

Discus and support dvd does not playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi my dvd player will not playback it sent me an error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CynthiaKeyes, Oct 18, 2018.

1. dvd does not playback

Hi my dvd player will not playback it sent me an error code

:)

CynthiaKeyes, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Wrathier Win User

What HTPC software for BR playback?

If you want the playback to be in 3D I can suggest Cyperlink Power DVD. That is great for it.

Wrathier, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Abby#310 Win User
    DVD playback after Windows 10 install

I am unable to play any DVD's since my Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7. I followed all the steps I found here and it looks like the required update

KB3081704
    was completed which says that after that update the DVD playback will automatically be installed. Well, it wasn't. It's not listed anywhere and when I try to play a DVD it says I need a media playback app. Why do I need to take up more space
    to just play a simple DVD? Do I have to go back to Windows 7?

Abby#310, Oct 18, 2018
  4. dvd does not playback

Win10 dvd will not play error0x8004027d

Hi Larry,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know which player are you using to play DVD?

Step 1.

Let’s try simple steps and check this helps in resolving the issue. Let’s run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + X
      on the keyboard and select Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Windows Media Player DVD.

• Click on Advanced on the Windows Media Player DVD dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step.

Step 2.

I would suggest you to update the DVD/CD ROM and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click
      Device Manager

• Expand the DVD/CD ROM Drives.

• Right-click on the device drive and click on
      Properties.

• Go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    You can also visit the below link for DVD playback options for Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/dvd-playback-help

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

dvd does not playback

1. dvd does not playback - Similar Threads - dvd does playback

2. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Playback issues after reformatting.: In the last couple of months, I had to reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10. After doing so, the built-in BD player in my laptop started having issues. It would generally read blurays without issue, but suddenly became finicky with DVDs, often failing to read them...
  3. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Playback issues after reformatting.: In the last couple of months, I had to reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10. After doing so, the built-in BD player in my laptop started having issues. It would generally read blurays without issue, but suddenly became finicky with DVDs, often failing to read them...
  4. DVD Playback issues after reformatting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DVD Playback

DVD Playback: I recently purchased an HP Elite Tower PC. It has a DVD r/w drive. Why can't I play my DVDs on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-playback/02a81bd6-725f-4e89-82b8-e5bb1a30e1a1
  6. DVD playback problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD playback problem: I just bought a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 which came with a DVD player. I bought the Microsoft DVD program and downloaded it to my machine. While the DVDs play normally, if I pause playback to go do something and the machine enters sleep mode, when I come back and...
  7. DVD Playback

DVD Playback: Windows 10. Why is it that commercial DVDs will not playback on Media Player or any other program? I installed Ultra DVD player and the discs still won't paly. I installed Fast Player for DVD which is suppose to be free but it keeps asking me to pay for an upgrade before it...
  8. how do i playback a dvd

how do i playback a dvd: how do I playback a dvd created by an app on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-playback-a-dvd/d9a7455b-398b-4a00-a021-99db50420c81
  9. cd/dvd playback

cd/dvd playback: my laptop refuses to play any cd or dvd - wtf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-playback/5abc09c7-3544-4ebf-bf5c-5a556b5e319d
  10. WMP DVD Playback Restoration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP DVD Playback Restoration: So we all know since Windows 8 Microsoft has scrubbed the DVD playback ability of WMP. My question is what exactly did they do and how can I hack it back in? I use VLC Media Player for mostly everything. I've tried to figure this out for a long time but now I am just in the...