Windows 10: DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

Discus and support DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an asus laptop (ROG Gamer) with windows 10 and cd's nor dvd's can be recognized from the dvd drive, also windows media player does not show it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by roberthackett3, Dec 29, 2018.

1. DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

I have an asus laptop (ROG Gamer) with windows 10 and cd's nor dvd's can be recognized from the dvd drive, also windows media player does not show it, can someone help me?

:)

roberthackett3, Dec 29, 2018

2. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Dec 29, 2018
  3. jazzlover Win User
    CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and alll is working well except for the CD/DVD drive does not automatically recognise a CD when its inserted. With previous Windows 7 when I put a music CD in drive wiith itunes open then itunes would ask if i wanted to import CD.

The CD/DVD is recognised in Device Manager and says that it is working properly. the only way I can get the CD to be recognised after inserting the CD is by going to the Device Manager and double clicking the CD/DVD line to open 'properties'. At that point itunes asks me if i want to import.

The drive is a Samsung SH-223L.

Autoplay is ON

I hope someone can help. Thanks Nigel

jazzlover, Dec 29, 2018
  4. foxster Win User

DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

DVD drive not recognising CD

Hi all, my first ever post in my first ever forum so I'm sorry if I do things a bit wrong.
    I'm very frustrated. I brought a Video editing software package to put my old videos onto the laptop but my DVD driver is not recognising the CD. It sort of starts to spin, then stops and then starts then stops for about 5 times. I tried a music CD in the drive and it worked. I've uninstalled the driver and rebooted the PC. Nothing. Previously I've just put the DVD in the drive and it automatically starts up with instructions on how to install. To be honest I haven't installed any software this way for a long time and I'm wondering is it because of the Windows 10 update?
    Any help, suggestions would be appreciated!
    Cheers

foxster, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

1. DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's - Similar Threads - DVD does recognise

2. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs: Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't...
  3. cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd

cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd: downloaded cd/dvd player app, does not work $14.95 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-play-downloaddoes-not-play-dvd/5c598541-7a75-4f19-b651-2ca48a4bd0ed
  4. CD/DVD Drive just not recognised at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CD/DVD Drive just not recognised at all: I built my PC 3 years ago and installed a DVD drive because my part time job requires the burning and ripping of DVD's. It was working perfectly as usual last night until I turned on my computer this morning and my DVD was not recognised. I went into device manager and when...
  5. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  6. DVD/CD Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD/CD Does Not Work: I installed a new 500Gb SSD on my computer. Everything worked out fine except I can't get my DVD/CD Rom to work. It does show up on the desktop, but when I insert a program disk it does NOT respond. Any suggestions? Windows 10 Pro, 8Gb of RAM, Dell I5 computer which...
  7. CD/DVD drive is not recognising

CD/DVD drive is not recognising: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...
  8. CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised: Hi all. I have an Acer laptop with built in DVD/CD RW drive, running Win 10 For some reason, the laptop has stopped recognising it. When I put a disc in it whirs, spins and clicks as usual as if it were reading it normally, then stops. Have gone through all the usual...
  9. CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive

CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and alll is working well except for the CD/DVD drive does not automatically recognise a CD when its inserted. With previous Windows 7 when I put a music CD in drive wiith itunes open then itunes would ask if i wanted to import CD. The...
  10. DVD drive not recognising CD

DVD drive not recognising CD: Hi all, my first ever post in my first ever forum so I'm sorry if I do things a bit wrong. I'm very frustrated. I brought a Video editing software package to put my old videos onto the laptop but my DVD driver is not recognising the CD. It sort of starts to spin, then stops...