Windows 10: DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

Discus and support DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Bought Microsoft DVD player downloaded but will not play my DVD home movies. Says something about finding or wrong 'D' Path? But does play one that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lina Gemelli, Oct 3, 2019.

1. DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

Bought Microsoft DVD player downloaded but will not play my DVD home movies. Says something about finding or wrong 'D' Path? But does play one that I insert that was copied from USB to DVD okay?

***Modified title from: Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play ***

:)

Lina Gemelli, Oct 3, 2019

2. DVD player unable to play DVD

Hello Basudev,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with some useful information from here.

A DVD may not play properly in some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives for any of the following reasons:

• The disc type may not be compatible. Some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives can only play certain kinds of DVDs. For example, some DVD players only play DVD+R or DVD+RW discs, while others only play DVD-R or DVD-RW discs.
    • The disc format may not be compatible. If you burn a DVD using the PAL format, you will not be able to play that DVD using a player that only supports the NTSC format, and vice versa.
    • The disc quality may be too low. Some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives will not play DVDs if the disc is not in good repair or if it is not a high-quality disc. If your player can't play a DVD, you can try burning it again using a higher-quality DVD.

To determine what types of DVDs your DVD player or DVD-ROM drive can play, check the documentation that came with your device or go to the manufacturer's website.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us again.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Marivel Man, Oct 3, 2019
  4. DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

1. DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player - Similar Threads - DVD doesn’t play

2. Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD: Hi, I have just purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, downloaded app onto laptop as trial app said it was compatible, when i insert dvd the app opens and says "loading" but as soon as it's loaded and before it starts to play the app closes, i have tried to reset the app but...
  3. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  4. External DVD player not Playing

External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  5. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  6. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  7. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

8. Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player

Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player: Закупих и инсталирах посоченото по-горе приложение,но въпреки това не мога да възпроизвеждам DVD.Не знам защо сте изтеглили сумата 31 лв два пъти.Моля да ми възстановите сума от 62 лв. С...
  9. Windows DVD player won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows DVD player won't play: It was working, now it's not. My Windows DVD player won't play. Neither will my VLC Media player. This started after the last Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-dvd-player-wont-play/4d6b0de9-9195-451a-beba-81bcd6cb4b2e
  10. Creating a DVD To Play On Home DVD Player?

Creating a DVD To Play On Home DVD Player?: Hi computing experts, I've got DVD Flick installed but it's been a long time since I used DVD Flick to create a DVD. Is DVD Flick still the easiest way for me to put .MP4 files and .AVI files onto a DVD that'll be playable on a TV? The last DVD I created using DVD...