Windows 10: Dvd Drive auto running

Discus and support Dvd Drive auto running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Dvd drive just scans automatically 6-7 times. I tried disabling it in device manager but it didnt worked . Its happening since i installed some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fahadm57, Dec 4, 2020.

1. fahadm57 Win User

Dvd Drive auto running

My Dvd drive just scans automatically 6-7 times. I tried disabling it in device manager but it didnt worked . Its happening since i installed some cumulative update of 20h2 .

:)

fahadm57, Dec 4, 2020
  2. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

3. trickson Win User
    DVD/Rom not auto running.

Okay I have done lots of looking on Google and have tried every thing I know, Control panel - default programs - Change auto play settings and every thing, Yet when I put in any disk they will not auto play, Nothing happens till I go into the drive and open it up. I need to know what the heck happened and just how do I fix this. Also there are no longer any Icons in the display when a disk is put in, Like I used to get an Icon of the game on the drive that had that game now NOTHING at all! The drives all work burn and every thing, What is going on?
    This is on both HP DVD/ROM drives. Every thing you need to know about my setup is listed in system spec's and sig.

Please help *Respect :respect:

trickson, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Dvd Drive auto running

Cannot view DVDs as they run

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft forums.

1. What is the make and model of the DVD player\laptop?

2. What is the exact error message you are getting?

You might be facing this issue due to outdated\corrupt DVD drivers.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Karthik Vengaloor, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Dvd Drive auto running

1. Dvd Drive auto running - Similar Threads - Dvd Drive auto

2. Run Programs without DVD in drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Programs without DVD in drive: Now that most laptops are sold without DCD/CD Drives it is often inconvenient to carry my Drive around with me. Is there any way to run programs without the DVD Drive plugged in?...
  3. Run Programs without DVD in drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Programs without DVD in drive: Now that most laptops are sold without DCD/CD Drives it is often inconvenient to carry my Drive around with me. Is there any way to run programs without the DVD Drive plugged in?...
  4. can not auto play dvd from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not auto play dvd from external hard drive: i have external dvd drive, i can see the dvd name on e drive but it will not autoplay, only gives the option of no action or going into microsoft store it says when i press auto play, choose what to do with dvd, but only gives two options, take no action or open microsoft...
  5. DVD drive

DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  6. Dvd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dvd drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  7. running a dvd

running a dvd: how do I get windows 10 to run a dvd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-a-dvd/0c526155-ad2a-445f-b1c9-4ab69c0a6eae
  8. make dvd auto-run / manual run in my w10 pc.

make dvd auto-run / manual run in my w10 pc.: Hello I wanted to run a dvd today but it will not run at all in my Windows Media Player.. I then tried the CyberLink DVD suite and that also wouldn't auto run but I could get it to run from a manual start. What do I need to do to make WMP work please. Also the dvd has a...
  9. DVD drive

DVD drive: Sometimes when I insert something in my USB port(slot) my DVD drive will disappear and I have to reboot the computer to get it back. Anybody got any ideas of what's going on, so weird. 90142
  10. EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs

EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs: Problem after free upgrade with external DVD rw, this is what I did from the Microsoft resolution page, troubshoot hardware and devices, still would not open disc, manual delete upper filters, still not open disc, uninstalled. DVD device showing on the list.........which did...