Windows 10: DVD drive cannot be detected and battery not charging after update 1903.

Discus and support DVD drive cannot be detected and battery not charging after update 1903. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My name is Ebenezer and I am using HP Pavilion notebook, windows 10, 64 bits with i7 processor. I recently installed update version 1903 but I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rayark, Aug 9, 2019.

1. rayark Win User

DVD drive cannot be detected and battery not charging after update 1903.

My name is Ebenezer and I am using HP Pavilion notebook, windows 10, 64 bits with i7 processor. I recently installed update version 1903 but I cannot detect the DVD drive and battery cannot charge though it is plugged in. Any help

:)

rayark, Aug 9, 2019

2. Battery charging after updating to 1903

After updating to the latest build 1903 in my laptop, whenever I start to charge my battery, after a while it shows 100% charged even though it is not. The battery charging light blinks every now and then, and in the screen it shows fully charged and suddenly
    shows the actual battery percentage. It all has started after updating to the latest 1903 build. The charger and every connection is okay. Please fix this issue or help.

JoyMazumdar, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Stark05 Win User
    ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge

So I've had this laptop for about two years now, and I've noticed that the battery stopped charging. It used to do that thing where it shows "0%, plugged in, charging", but doesn't charge, which started about two months ago, but here in the last week, the battery is no longer detected at all. The battery light itself on the laptop is either steady green, or goes from "off, orange, green, off again", or flashes orange. But the biggest issue is that the moment either the A/C adapter is unplugged from the wall or laptop, it automatically shuts down. ***BEFORE YOU SUGGEST REMOVING THE BATTERY, THE ASUS X550Z DOES NOT HAVE A REMOVABLE BATTERY*** This is the first laptop I've ever owned where the battery, like an iPhone, is built into the bottom and inaccessible without cracking open the case. The simple fact that the battery went from "not charging at all" to "not being detected at all" makes me think the battery was slowly dying, and has now died altogether, especially since the laptop powers off the instant the charger is unplugged. But I wanted to ask a few forums and double check.

Sooooo....how screwed am I?Also, while I'm here, for those about to say that "hold the power button for x seconds" bit, is that whilst powering the laptop off? Or back on? Or does not matter since there's no battery charge whatsoever?Thanks in advance.

Stark05, Aug 9, 2019
  4. DVD drive cannot be detected and battery not charging after update 1903.

Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Repeat the steps Dave suggest you other three times.

Also you can uninstall and reinstall battery from device manager before each charge. You can do that:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on your battery

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each element on battery list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

StefanoTamiotti, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

DVD drive cannot be detected and battery not charging after update 1903.

1. DVD drive cannot be detected and battery not charging after update 1903. - Similar Threads - DVD drive cannot

2. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  3. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  4. Battery not charging after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery not charging after Windows update: Dear all,I have HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation and after windows did update my battery is not charging anymore. It says connected, but is not charging.I have already tried: 1. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI - Compiant Control Method Batter and keep it without power...
  5. Battery not charging after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging after Windows update: Dear all,I have HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation and after windows did update my battery is not charging anymore. It says connected, but is not charging.I have already tried: 1. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI - Compiant Control Method Batter and keep it without power...
  6. Battery not charging after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Battery will not charge after 10.0.19041 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery will not charge after 10.0.19041 update: After update to 10.0.19041 update my Tablet battery charges for about 30 seconds after plugging in then stops. Charger cable still showing as connected. Tried this solution but Tablet is a cheap fully sealed unit. I cannot remove the battery. What next?...
  8. Battery not charging after Windows 10 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging after Windows 10 1903 Update: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, and I've tried solutions posted out there but nothing is working yet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-after-windows-10-1903-update/9530cfc4-092a-458a-8e13-a33f0fb4fe29
  9. Battery charging after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charging after updating to 1903: After updating to the latest build 1903 in my laptop, whenever I start to charge my battery, after a while it shows 100% charged even though it is not. The battery charging light blinks every now and then, and in the screen it shows fully charged and suddenly shows the actual...
  10. Battery not charging after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging after update.: After the automatic update identified as Windows 10, version 1803 I can not charge the battery beyond 6%. The battery and charger test as good.Battery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 dvd drive