Windows 10: DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

Discus and support DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Iosef Rashkovsky, Dec 6, 2022.

1. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎14/‎12/‎2020 OS build 19045.2251 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

:)

Iosef Rashkovsky, Dec 6, 2022

2. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

When going into the BD-ROM's properties it does mention the CD-ROM Drive

DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs. [​IMG]

I've tried both a CD and DVD discs but still no luck.

TriggerMulloy, Dec 6, 2022
  3. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Hello!

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself.

I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any problems with it. (As usually there's a yellow ! mark if there seems to be a problem.)

Does anyone have any ideas where the root of the problem could be? And if so, how to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

TriggerMulloy, Dec 6, 2022
  4. jds63 Win User

DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Meaning not on the list when selecting ?

jds63, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

1. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs. - Similar Threads - DVD drive cannot

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs: Hi, My optical drive has stopped working after installing and uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite. Previously, everything worked properly. A DVD RW E : drive is visible in Windows Explorer. After inserting the disc into the drive, you can hear the disc spinning and trying to...
  5. DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs: My DVD drive can't read any discs at all. Whenever I try to open the disc, it returns this error: [ATTACH] I've tried Methods 3 and 6 listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs, but it...
  6. DVD Drive Won't Read Discs

DVD Drive Won't Read Discs: Hello! I have a Dell Latitude e6440. The DVD drive just randomly stopped reading disc's a week and a half ago in the middle of playing a DVD. Any ideas of things I could try to fix it?...
  7. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  8. My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.

My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.: I have been searching for the past couple of months now. Never had issues before and ever since the major 1803 windows 10 update, my driver is still not working properly. This is ridiculous. My driver will read certain cd's containing files. Game cd's work fine. Does not...
  9. External DVD burner will only read discs

External DVD burner will only read discs: Greetings, last night i tried to burn off some photos with my external dvd-rw drive "Samsung SE-208". However when i tried it said the burn failed to initiate. It would also make several doodoots like i was plugin and unpling stuff from usb. Thinking the drive might have...
  10. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...