Windows 10: DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer

Discus and support DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to put any disk inside drive it causes whole computer explorer.exe most notably to stop responding and forces me to restart using power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by albythomas, Nov 19, 2020.

1. DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer

Whenever I try to put any disk inside drive it causes whole computer explorer.exe most notably to stop responding and forces me to restart using power button. Drive shouldn't be defective as this problem only occurs when using Windows 10 and doesn't have any problems elsewhere.

:)

albythomas, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

3. CD/DVD Drive does not show in File Explorer

Hi Dave,

This problem may be caused by a corrupted driver or a corrupted registry entry. Modifying the registry can cause problems if configured incorrectly.

We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this article. It
    contains methods on how to resolve CD or DVD drive that is not seen in File Explorer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Nov 19, 2020
  4. DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer

1. DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer - Similar Threads - DVD drive causing

2. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  3. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  4. Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Not Responding: Hi, I recently encountered in Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file, the explorer will shown no responding, until I end task or click on the "X". I have dump the explorer dmp file, how to analysis the root cause? any help please? 165241
  5. Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer not responding: MS Explorer gives me a not responding error when trying to open MS Word, Excel. This issue wasn't present when I first purchased the computer in June. What could be causing this?...
  6. DVD drive missing from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive missing from File Explorer: After downloading an App, my D: DVD drive showed the app in the drive when I keyed on it. There was NO media in the drive. I pressed the eject button and the drive D: disappeared from the drive list. Device Manager shows the drive present and operating correctly with no error...
  7. No DVD Drive in Explorer.

No DVD Drive in Explorer.: There is no 'D:' drive in the explorer tree. But if I click on 'This PC' it will be listed in the 'devices' pane that pops up as 'drive D.' If I click on it in devices there it asks me to insert a disk. Whether or not there is a disk in there. It doesn't seem to realise...
  8. No DVD Drive in Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    No DVD Drive in Explorer.: There is no 'D:' drive in the explorer tree. But if I click on 'This PC' it will be listed in the 'devices' pane that pops up as 'drive D.' If I click on it in devices there it asks me to insert a disk. Whether or not there is a disk in there. It doesn't seem to realise...
  9. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer: Earlier today, my cd/dvd drive disappeared from File Explorer. I insert a dvd and it spins, but nothing happens after that. I walked through some CMD prompts with support tech to no avail. I have uninstalled in Device Manager and rebooted - nada. I can see the drive in...
  10. DVD Drives Causing Black Screen

DVD Drives Causing Black Screen: Guys, I did a clean install of Windows 10 and, because of problems with installation,I disconnected all unnecessary DVD drives and expansion cards etc. I decided to reconnect my DVD drives today to two spare ports on the mobo but, when I started the computer I got a black...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Explorer freezes eject dvd